The Random Thread

whats_luring

First two plants out, fem Royal Dane(early) X OG Kush/Vertigo(auto). Hopefully August finishers.. I'm hoping the workers at this place respect the area and don't go on the 'conservation area' as all the signs say..

Piss wet through but glad to have something in the ground. Time for some breakfast I think

Oh and I got my spade back from the plot which means...

The real fun can now begin ;) got 13 holes to dig for next weekend.. Then a 6 holer and a 1 holer with a bed the week after. Just getting started 💪🏻 watch this space

Good going captain kush I bet it feels good to get some in the ground, nice and early they should be big come end of season.

Edited by Mohamedbear

Fook me Iam getting to old for this I do most of my prep in September cover holes then refresh in Spring a quick dig over add a few more bit and bats then either plant or recover but it seems this is getting to much only managed 2 plots with very few holes and beds and it's not as if it's hard work that's already been done.When I get home Iam absolutely shattered don't get me wrong I feel ok now it's done but the thought of the other plots is starting to piss me off.Wish I could just chuck some seeds around then chill and relax that's my rant over hope others have better and easer times prepping goohfy.

• Like 1

Guest Andromedian

Fook me Iam getting to old for this I do most of my prep in September cover holes then refresh in Spring a quick dig over add a few more bit and bats then either plant or recover but it seems this is getting to much only managed 2 plots with very few holes and beds and it's not as if it's hard work that's already been done.When I get home Iam absolutely shattered don't get me wrong I feel ok now it's done but the thought of the other plots is starting to piss me off.Wish I could just chuck some seeds around then chill and relax that's my rant over hope others have better and easer times prepping goohfy.

How old are you, goofy dude? sorry mate, just curious

• Like 1

Guest Andromedian

@@rusty trichomes

That snake looked well pissed off lol

some proper interesting stuff there......making my head spin thinking about it.....

just shows you, its what is going on beneath the soil, that makes the difference above the soil :smartass:

• Like 1

Guest The_Guerilla_Dr

Is anyone else having problems with their Red Purps?

I thought it was me, but everything else in my arsenal is fine.......

the way things are going....i am going to lose about 30-40% to either no-shows, deformaties or runts.......fucking shocking....

So not only did i get no freebies.......i got sold a load of duffers, direct from FSNL....... :sly:

I'll put some pics up in a bit, so you can see what i mean......i know its only been a week and 2 days, since Germ, so things may pick up..........

I don't think I'll bother with any Female Seeds' strains next year. This year I have only had a 75% germ success from 3 of their strains, compared to a 90% germ on average across the board. Plus they also took ages to pop, I'd say 3-7 days on average compared to the 1-3 day norm. Although saying that, the Red Purps that have sprouted are all growing vigorously, as good as any other plant that I have, and one was a Tri-leaf seedling so it will be interesting to see how it turns out now that they are in the ground and 5 weeks old...

I had a few Purple Maroc's that germed but never sprouted above soil, the same with my Iced Grapefruit from Female Seeds, they just stopped growing and died in the soil. These are the only strains this year that germed but didn't sprout, out of 20+ strains & 10 different breeders. And just yesterday, I noticed what looks like male pre-flowers on a 5 week old Purple Maroc, which is supposed to be feminised. Frankly I am not impressed. Dinafem & Sweet Seeds seem to be better companies...

Guest RandyBoBandy

ive never heard of so many germing issues as this season its crazy.... ive had pretty much 100 percent since i started.. including kc mango and hacks.. its gotta be cos i dont pop as many as you guys i guess.. ive been lucky

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 1

Guest The_Guerilla_Dr

@@Andromedian

Yeah my WW XXL and Moby Dick XXL both germed within 18 hours which is lightening quick! I don't know whether it is something to do with the seed creation process or just the genetics used, but Dinafem seeds definitely germ a LOT quicker and have a higher germ rate than Female Seeds, which 'coincidentally' happen to be cheap as fuck anyway which goes to show...

Have you only germed your XXL's so far, or have you done your other, normal autos as well?

About to put 4 or 5 more seeds into germ. Best out of 3 will get germed.

PehkuThyphoon or Tanska Nepal?

Or, if ones considerably earlier then the other that will win.

Get voting lol

Having problems with the red purps myself, about half have germed & they don't look that cracking...I've a choice between unknown autos to boost my numbers or some Frisian duck which I've saved from last year, anyone grown this that can give me a review? Can't seem to find much from the UK.

just a little reminder to anyone prepping at this time of year to watch out for birds nests.. i very nearly destroyed a rens nest today while cutting through brambles. they can be very hard to spot so keep it in mind when your going at the vegetation like a madman.

• Like 9