The Random Thread

whats_luring

So I think it's time I started to pop some beans been busy but I think the first wave will get started today Dutch passion auto mission me thinks followed by female seeds ww x big bud and female seeds auto ak has anyone run the two female seeds autos by any chance I think they are newish or I've never noticed them before good luck goohfy.

Was a well bad frost here this morning at 5.00 am.I did not want to hear that, about the red purps Andro cumbri.Hope they sort themselfs out for you.All the best for this year.

Edited by hashi

Guest Andromedian

Seem to be some issues with the Red purps,

I second that dude.......some big bad issues....

i knew they were shit at a young age, but this is ridiculous........some of them look like cabbages growing.....

Check this shit out..........

These were all germed at the same time, just over a week ago, using the same method, same potting soil etc etc

These are Area53's Blueberry x Royal Danes......just 1 failed to show, it was 2 but somehow, 1 has risen from the dead and is hanging on in there

gallery_80057_12361_51873.jpg

These are Serious 6......3 still waiting to rise up....i live and hope :doh:

Nearly on par with the bb x rd......quite uniformed too

gallery_80057_12361_27676.jpg

Now the next 3 trays are Red Purps :eek:

gallery_80057_12361_139084.jpg

gallery_80057_12361_8060.jpg

gallery_80057_12361_149989.jpg

not quite what i was expecting........to tell the truth, they all looked fucked and are struggling......

could really do with some answers from Female Seeds.......... :yes:

• Like 5

i got 4 red purps,2 died and i nearly binned the other 2 but they have pulled through alot slower than the otheseeds i started.4purple marocs 3 left.the 1 that died was odd the leaves literally fell off and was left with just the stem lol

• Like 1

Man that dont look good for the red purps,what was the seeds like andro.Was they brown with tiger stripes, or was they small pale things.I dont think its down to the early swimming lesson.I wonder if fm do their own seeds, or if other breed them for them in spain.Like so many other Dutch seed banks now days.

• Like 1

@@Andromedian I germinated 3 Red Purps. One is small compared to other strains started on the same day, one didn't pop and one is just an inch long stem with a brown ball made of the unfolded cotyledons. Very similar results to your pics. I have one RP seed left that I'm going to germinate in about two weeks.

• Like 3

I germinated 2 RP's, one didn't make the transplant from tissue to soil, the other looks just like @@Andromedian 's first tray of purps.

It also couldnt break out of its shell, just like @@nordle guy reported. After a week I did open heart surgery on it using a Stanley knife to remove the seed shell.

To put it in context, while monk is on 3 internodes, RP is just putting out its first singular leaves after seedling leaves. And they look sick, tiny and week.

I know everone was raving about the smoke last year, but at the moment this plant is risking falling into the 'weak plants get chucked' pile. It would already be in the bin if it wasn't for all the good smoke reports.

Happy with the sprouting vigor of the royal dane crossed offspring, though.

Edited by marquee moon
  • Like 3

Guest Andromedian

Yeah the seeds were very pale....but then some seeds are......struggling to say anything good about them at present....

the slow growth, well i kind of expected that a little.......after last seasons Purps.....but the runts and no-shows......

It was like the Purple Maroc..........great season after season....then all of a sudden......shite and late........

Even the red purp crosses(evil purps and mighty durban purps).....are doing great and are looking good.....

I am going to have another look back at last season, but this just isn't normal......fucking plants with cabbage leafs, tri-leafs, no leafs and leafs that are starting to grow under the soil.....cos the seed husk had no stem..............

I can handle a few non germers people, but for fucks sake....seems like it is a widespread problem....

I am growing these for 3 people...... Zug, Gravy and myself.....so i purchased 100.....will be lucky to get 50 decent plants, out of all this shit......... :censored:

You are right mate.....the BB X RD's are the star of the show, so far........i know they will contain a few auto's and males, but they seem to be in a league of their own.........Area53.....top job mate :yes:

• Like 2

So far my red purps seem to be doing fine there all nice and uniform and have pretty big leaves for 2 weeks old. I'll take a pic on my phone of em tommorow and see what u think

@ andro can you grow me something 😊

Edited by ADHD
  • Like 1

Maybe you should give them time a bit more time, tbh I don't see that much wrong with the majority, the ones above ground just haven't shed the kernel yet. I find that quite normal, it certainly doesn't mean they'll be runts. I'd say its way too early to determine the quality of the mature plant from how they behave at such an early stage.

Mine tend to start out all over the place very much like that and even up after a while.

How many have actually not germinated?

:yinyang:

Edited by iamafunkimunki
  • Like 3

Guest Andromedian

@@Andromedian

I've got 2 red purps in the ground already :P

They were only slightly smaller than everything else that went out, 8 different strains.

Good luck with those dude ;)

• Like 1

Guest Andromedian

Maybe you should give them time a bit more time, tbh I don't see that much wrong with the majority, the ones above ground just haven't shed the kernel yet. I find that quite normal, it certainly doesn't mean they'll be runts. I'd say its way too early to determine the quality of the mature plant from how they behave at such an early stage.

Mine tend to start out all over the place very much like that and even up after a while.

How many have actually not germinated?

:yinyang:

Yeah, i mean, i am not going to get irrational and start pulling them........they always lag behind.......

out of 100......about a quarter germed within 2 days and were in soil.....the rest started popping very gradually......over the next week.

The ones that popped first, are the better looking ones and look kinda normal for Red Purps.....the later ones, are somewhat disfigured and struggling.....

they all germed, eventually......in a way, but at least 20 have died already and have been binned due to not taking in the soil....these were the last ones to germ

• Like 2