The Random Thread

whats_luring

I'm confused by what people are calling semi-autos.

There seem to be lots of different things called semi-autos.

The Fast Versions (FV) are (fully auto strain) x (same strain)

A danish site has semi autos that are (full auto strain) x (different strain)

So I s'pose they're conceptually the same, just the danish would be more variable...

Then there's HFH that people call semi -autos, these aren't f1's, but I guess although they have rudy in their ancestry, they've not been bred for full auto flowering.

So....if RD is a semi-auto, the seeds I've just hacked : auto x RD, is that a semi-auto too?

My guess is there'll be a range of maturing dates from full auto (small, early plant) to a bit earlier than the normal RD parent....?

I suppose its not black & white, more a grey-scale.

Have I just answered my own question?

Edited by marquee moon
  • Like 3

You still may be able to get off on a semi but it could maybe not give you the full on end product you where wishing for plus a full one is easer to handle imo no early blowouts now don't get me wrong I will have many semi's during the season and good ones but the satisfaction on getting something hard to Finnish in our climate and outdoors is a pleasure to behold please don't let that put you off semi's because I have em and like em good luck goohfy.

• Like 8

You still may be able to get off on a semi but it could maybe not give you the full on end product you where wishing for plus.

Thanks,@.

Is that comment based on anything at all?

Are you answering my question, or are making a general comment about whether I should or shouldnt bother with semi-autos? (Which was not my question....)

bit random lads but just word of warning ... always bring a bog roll with you when you have a long day of prep !! especially at this time of year ..... when there are no leaves about !!! had to use bramble leaves to wipe my arse the other day .... felt violated !! then totally forgot about the crap and stood in it :russian: ....... then after that horrible experience thought ''i need a cig'' so went looking for somewhere nice to sit down thought ''that looks like a nice rock'' and briefly sat on a dead goat... soon as my arse touched ribs i jumped about 6 feet in the air :shock:

2016_04_05_18_52_42.jpg

• Like 12

:rofl: oh my god Chizzle it rarely gets more minging than that. Not tempted to whip off a sock then?

i always forget the ole sock trick :( I was using green netting at first ... and my fingers started getting abit well shitty so converted to bramble leaf ... used about 20 leafs and still wasn't what i'd call perfect... was tragic ... at the age of thirty theres something demoralizing about squatting in the 'bush' , it's something ive never managed to get used to.... i flooded my wellys/trousers the day before as well, crossing a smelly boggy brook , didn't look deep atall .... gave it the one leg test... seemed ok... jumped in and it went upto my f*cking thighs had to scramble back out again on my hands and knees ! not been having alot of luck in the last week :)

• Like 1