The Random Thread

whats_luring

yeah theres lights all over but the brightness and heat would have my ass ringhole like a goldfishs mouth trying to eat a wrigley chewing gum

balls of steel

I'd say yes. At 4-6 weeks plants will generally show pre-flowers and in my experience that will generally mean the plant will end up being the sex it has shown in the preflowers. Not always mind, but the vast majority of the time.

If it takes to week 7 to show preflowers I'd still take clones from them providing they're not male - generally speaking, males will show earlier than females anyway.

Yes, I'd be more inclined to take cuts from the five week shower than the seven week one but that's purely based on my (unproven, unsubstantiated - haven't looked into it) idea that earlier showing plants will be quicker flowerers.

Nice one thanks for your input.

It's re assuring to hear you say that, cheers dude!

Anyone have any experience of the strain 'Power Plant' from DP?

I grew this indoors once, with coco on A+B nutes, was absolutely the bomb! huge yield of potent, dense musky buds. large plants so we topped them, and seemed to work, although we coulda done with more ventilation as the 2nd crop suffered a little mould. was while i was in college in the UK, I actually had the grow tent in my bedroom for last few weeks of flower at one point, landlord kept callin over hehe.

As for outdoors I think someone managed to finish one large powerplant outdoors, one of the many grow diaries i read not sure which. ah i remember it was probably a hybrid so yeah no clue.

Edited by Kulu

DSC 0187 (Large)

Plots are starting to look ship-shape,everything is falling into place over the weeks,dropped some canes off last night,getting the cages over there tonight,we are now in the rather odd situation of having too many plots ready for the season BUT we will try our best :lookaround:

Edited by Bad Penny.
  • Like 1

Hey BP & panik, I've been following your progress with interest lately, you chaps could feature in a great shock doc.... 'when hobbies get out of control' :clown:

What I was wondering though was if you're trying to develop outdoor plants for us folk well away from the equator do you think it might be a good idea to up the humidity to regular UK outdoor harvest time levels? Most folk like to keep it dry in the growroom for obvious reasons but if you're trying to develop an outdoor cropper then mould resistance will need to be dialled in as well. It would be fun to try your best girls clones in a damp budding contest..... like a wet t-shirt contest :fear:

• Like 5

well away from the equator

I have some land almost on the equator :lookaround:

'when hobbies get out of control'

Its not out of control...........................YET :fear:

• Like 1

Hey BP & panik, I've been following your progress with interest lately, you chaps could feature in a great shock doc.... 'when hobbies get out of control' :clown:

What I was wondering though was if you're trying to develop outdoor plants for us folk well away from the equator do you think it might be a good idea to up the humidity to regular UK outdoor harvest time levels? Most folk like to keep it dry in the growroom for obvious reasons but if you're trying to develop an outdoor cropper then mould resistance will need to be dialled in as well. It would be fun to try your best girls clones in a damp budding contest..... like a wet t-shirt contest :fear:

Its funny you should say that mate , the last two crops weve done iv up'd the humidity considerably 80%+ as to see what happens , even had no fans at all and there was moister dripping from the walls , there was a tiny bit of mold on one main cola of a well known outdoor variety , but im not entirely worried I mean your never going to get it 100% humidity outdoors all day and night , I mean ideally to create a great strain we'd have to be crossing over many years outdoors to acclimatise the strains , but were trying new things and working with what we got , you never know till you try,..And all success is built on failer ,but were see time will tell , what I do know is though our minds are set and were on the right path and we aint letting nothing get in the way,... ;)

Edited by panik
  • Like 5