The Random Thread

whats_luring

@

Sohi Soho . lol that's a blast from the past. Yeah I was there pre Internet.

@

I've got so used this area, always move around to let things heal over but it's been opened up over the years so now so people have easier access. As far as sharing.... There's something Old and Orrible lurking in the woods....

Was it sohigh-soho or was it the other one,the small room with the fridge in it,with the hippy guy who went on to open a hydro shop?

Sohi-Soho? From the counter at the back of the shop? Fond memories.

I remember crazy trips to London, get up early, pick up my mate, drive down the motorway with shit tapes playing on a shit sterio, smoking soap bar. Go to Soho, score the seeds & head back home in time to go on the piss in the evening.

There was also an upstairs room I when to once to get KC33....I think it was called the London seed bank. Dodgy a hell.

Thats the one,the dingy room with the fridge and the guy who had spent a lot of time in thailand.

It was a dingy room, I remember that much. Definately a dingy corridor up to the room, lots of other little single room shops in the same building.

The bloke was just weird. Sat behind a desk with big posters of weed all over the walls. He had all his seeds in his desk.

I can't remember a fridge. I think I'd have been happier seeing a fridge than just an old desk.

• Like 1

Thats him,slightly balding at the front,long at the back,overweight,once had a tie-dye T-shirt on which didnt become his middle aged,i think the fridge might have been a later addition,he lived over in west london,might have retired to thailand now though,he opened a proper hydro-shop after he left that room.

Was it in the Fulham area ? May have gone there once from seeing a advert in Red Eye Express. Can't remember either the guy or the fridge but do remember the stairs the desk and the posters on the wall. As I recall I didn't actually buy anything. Later a grow store appeared in Imperial Rd in SW a couple of miles away called London Seed Bank, was there for a number of years and was a good service.

lol,think he sold it to a husband and wife team, was open for a year and then went under. I still shop in person over at Seed Shop in N London. Dead end road with cameras every where as it's the bottom of the M1. Up some some stairs to a fella who serves you through a reinforced glass hatch. I smoke a fat one ,get high and flustered with paranoia and then go shopping. You don't get that when your buying off the inter web !!!
  • Like 5

I know the stairs and the reinforced hatch,its kinda sleazy,i was in a really nice seed/head shop in toronto a few weeks back,pretty young ladies serving and an air of respectability pervaded.

That's just to lull you in to false sense of security. Where it's not legal they can be draconian with their penalties over there. So did you get some Canadian gear, get to talk to any local growers ?

I am a local grower now,lots of swamp and corn field plots to go at,toronto is taking off,quite a few dispensaries there.

• Like 2

Ooh you going to put some ex pat pics up. What are they recommending for out doors. What Lat are you ? Think they have a drier Autumn than in the UK

Lat 45 . I'm sure you're going to get at result. Think of us poor sods up in the lat50+s. Post some pics !

• Like 1