The Random Thread

whats_luring

Has anyone thought about running a hydro watering system outdoors with feed out of a barrel or something bucket maybe any thoughts on how to do this would be awesome thanks goohfy.

• Like 1

The activity from massive goldfish in your plot pond can be harnessed now by use of those Japanese micro tidal generators. You just stick a rack in the pond for the pots and as long as you feed the goldfish the correct regime of dried nettle pellets their poo maintains a perfect ec and pH mate. Watch out for herons tho they will swoop down and steal the nettle pellets from the fish, fucked me over in 2041. That will be a weird season.

Edited by Loam Gnome
  • Like 9

Was out doing a bit of prep today and took a detour on the way to one of my plots. I round a very strange makeshift shelter that was fenced off and constructed of tarps with a ten inside. There was a chair and table, storage and it looked like it had been used for the whole of last summer. A bit eerie there was a massive pike of wood ash and egg shells outside it. Really strange.

• Like 1

@ yeah thought about it for a site with no soil or water. was thinking of these auto pot things ap-xl-48pot.jpg but they're a bit pricey so gonna try something else instead.

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2

Guest Andromedian

@@Clean Green think it's usually homeless people.. Found 3 tents set up in the middle of an electricity pylon the other day, they sounded Romanian...

All waiting to harvest your plants lol

• Like 1

Has anyone thought about running a hydro watering system outdoors with feed out of a barrel or something bucket maybe any thoughts on how to do this would be awesome thanks goohfy.

I did it but it got rumbled. Its very easy to do. not so easy to hide. You can hide the hoses under the soil as I did but the sump is more difficult.

I used the bottom half of a cutoff 250L water butt stood on the stand it came with. The base of the tank was around 300mm from the ground when on the stand.

It already had a tap as it was a water butt. I simply used 3 1l/hr drippers per plant in a ring type configuration on 8mm tubing, this ran from a main 15mm hose which was stopped at one end and attached to a water timer (from gardena I think) at the other end.

The other end of the water timer coupled to the water butt outlet tap which was just left open. Basically the water timer is just a battery powered valve, open circuit or closed circuit. you could set it to open for so long every few hours or pretty much what ever you wanted your watering cycle to be, just like a hydro system.

Note on the water timer, you need a specific design. Some use a valve which will only actuate under mains pressure, which you don't have. The type you want has a ball valve which rotates to give a straight through hole when open, so will work under minimal pressure i.e gravity fed from a low head.

It worked very well but was found by persons unknown mid veg. It was in a shit place to be fair.

e2a: it was my 2nd ever guerrilla grow, back when I was a bit more cavalier like lol ...

Edited by iamafunkimunki
  • Like 5

xxx.easy-irrigation.co.uk/gardena/gardena-water-timers/gardena-water-computer-flexicontrol-1883?gclid=CK67zLrStMsCFZEK0woddKEH2g

Something along those lines

• Like 2

Guest b33lz33bub

There was someone camping about 100m from one of my plots last year, they'd been there for about a month come harvest time. My mate and me had to sneak past within 10 metres of the tent early on a Sunday morning when we went to harvest. There was a dog inside that barked at us as we slide off back into the woods then through head high nettles into the plot. We worked for a few hours harvesting, keeping as quite as we could and freezing when we heard a twig crack. Then we took another exit route down a very steep bank and into another bit of the woods. It was proper sport.

I'm guessing it was someone homeless, or immigrants as there have been people camping on the common near me from eastern europe or the middle east. It makes me think how fucking grim their countries must be to come here and live in a damp muddy tent like this. I count my blessings.

Edited by b33lz33bub

The strange thing was, it was part of a farmers field that had been fenced off. There was some metal ducting. I thought I'd found a @ outdoor hydro set up. Didn't dare go in, too fucking weird a place. One thing that made me think GG though was there was one of those angled twist pronged fork things there. I've checked out all likely spots in a mile or so radius of this though and found no sign of previous gg activity. It was so strange, I thought there might be a dead body in the tent. Didn't dare go in to see ! Hopefully it's just the farmer's kids hang out and no concern.

• Like 1

Watching Crime Watch ,seems some fella got murdered in lat 51 Essex. The presenter was saying that various people had been spotted around the forested area including two men who had been seen digging. I wonder if that's BBC speak for "prepping". Makes you wonder.

• Like 3