The Random Thread

whats_luring

Is sulphate of potash organic so to speak? Obviously it sulphated but jus wondering how it affects the different helpful bits in the soil, are you good to use those holes next year or is it a case of your nearly done so nuke what's left anyway?...

I asked Oldtimer1 about this and he classes it as organic!

Wouldn't organic form technically be just plain old fire ash, non sulphated? Or is potash not fire ash and now I look silly lol

SoP does occur naturally as a mineral, so it can be used exactly as its taken out of the ground. Hence its classed by the soil association as 'organic' (as defined legally). But I dont think its bio-dynamic (works symbioticly with the bugs in the soil). I think it behaves more like a chelated nutrient than an organic complex.

Wood ash is just potash (rather than sulphate of...).

Its potassium hydroxide. React this with sulphuric acid & you get SoP. Wood ash is strongly alkaline. I've never applied wood ash to cannabis, always been to scared of burning them. If you use it, be very careful & never use fresh ashes. Wood ash from twigs & young sap wood is supposed to be better than wood ash from mature heart wood. Never use coal ash.

Gooseberries & black currents can't get enough wood ash. They're addicted to the stuff. I pile it on thickly and they convert it into kilos of fat berries. That's where a lot of my ash goes.

Edited by marquee moon
  • Like 7

Also what's the deal with superphosphate? Just not something iv heard talked about much...

I use a combination of chicken pellets, sop, fbb, worm compost and sometimes compost tea, vermiculite and seedling compost. This is 'organic' enough for me. I don't really think we've got to the stage of having certified organic cannabis being commercially available in this country which is one reason I grow my own. I was given some hydro grown blue cheese a few weeks ago and it was so different o any of my outdoor stuff. Not stronger but stikier with a longer lasting mouth flavour (probably the cheese) - I didn't rate the high though and emptied the vape oven after a few times and went back to my own outdoor. Don't think I could ever go back to hydro dealer weed.

• Like 3

@@RandyBoBandy

Yes mate - it's a growers privilege to have a couple of different joints on the go !

Here's what's left of my 2015 outdoor stash - I've given loads away to mates. It's time to start buying seeds and prepping plots ......

gallery_89820_9744_556827.jpg

And what's left of the hash - I occasional have a hit through my cloud evo, and although I mostly vape and smoke pure, I share a big old-school tobacco and hash spliff with my mate when I see him occasionally. This piece is really curing nicely now, and will go down very nicely at some summer festivals.

Ice - hash

gallery_89820_9744_350711.jpg

Dry shake

gallery_89820_9744_349295.jpg

Off topic but is that an old school Korg synth in the background? Mint!

Edited by RayGears

Guest b33lz33bub

@@RayGears

Yes mate, it's an MS10. I'm just putting my studio back together in a new room. I've gone more over to the digital side over the years but still have some nice bits of analogue gear.

Guest Andromedian

Anyone used this before, for seedlings...

I have shitloads of it, very expensive stuff, but never used it before

gallery_80057_12361_56020.jpg

• Like 1

@@RayGears

Yes mate, it's an MS10. I'm just putting my studio back together in a new room. I've gone more over to the digital side over the years but still have some nice bits of analogue gear.

Do a gg song on that piano thing on the theme of Chas and Dave then put the tune on gurrilla tunes I would like that lots goohfy.

@@Andromedian, yep.

Got a 250ml bottle, use it for seedlings after a week or so and cuttings, forgot the cost, had it for ages.

Use at 1ml/Ltr. Switched to PM Root Stimulant for veg stages at 3ml/Ltr. :oldtoker:

• Like 1

Anyone used this before, for seedlings...

I have shitloads of it, very expensive stuff, but never used it before

gallery_80057_12361_56020.jpg

I think there a thread on it in the hydro/ coco section

Edit, might have been a different forum

Edited by beezee