The Random Thread

whats_luring

I know a lot of people like this stuff, but I don't.
Probably useful for very well drained soil, or for pots, but...
1) it does no good for the soil micro-pores. It's these micro-pores that allow your plant to breath (...through its roots)
2)it degrades very slowly (if at all?), instead it breaks down into smaller pieces. Would I throw hand fulls of other plastic chips into my soil? No. The smaller the particulate size, the easier it enters the food chain at a lower level.

Most people will disagree with me, and I must admit I've never grown on very well drained soil. So who am I to pass judgement ?.

Instead, when I grow in pots, I like organic matter and silt. A bit of silt does wonders for moisture retention, and has a massive ionic buffering capacity.
Not to mention the magic that silt does for phosphorous availability.

Edited by marquee moon
  • Like 2

How do people upload photos that are of a decent size & quality without exceding the 600kb limit?

When I reduce the file size in my image editor, I get an image that's about 4 x 3" at 100% size and 200kb. All good.

Then when I upload it, its absolutely tiny, about 1" square.

So how do people get decent pictures and still remain below the 600kb size?

I do it all on my phone @ take pics at 15mp use app called image resizer to take it down to xga then upload.

I get massive pics!

Also when posting a pic I copy the image link (not bbcode) then click the media button and paste the link in there. I believe this gives you slightly larger pics

Edited by beezee
  • Like 1

@

The way I do it is to resize the image to 25 or 33% (based on a 12mp image), and then when saving I adjust the jpeg quality to bring it below 600kb.

• Like 1

Yeh. I'd forgotten how much I like good hash.

I think I might put quite a bit aside this year to make a decent amount

I had a clear out of all my old tired bits & bobs, along with the latest indoor bud-trim (mixed crop of erdbei x blueberry, violetta, vaniluna & nep-jam x Cali/Chinese).

Justthe 220 micron bag.

It's soft and spicy, leaves a rich comforting taste in my mouth. It won't last long....

• Like 4

I know a lot of people like this stuff, but I don't.

Probably useful for very well drained soil, or for pots, but...

1) it does no good for the soil micro-pores. It's these micro-pores that allow your plant to breath (...through its roots)

2)it degrades very slowly (if at all?), instead it breaks down into smaller pieces. Would I throw hand fulls of other plastic chips into my soil? No. The smaller the particulate size, the easier it enters the food chain at a lower level.

Most people will disagree with me, and I must admit I've never grown on very well drained soil. So who am I to pass judgement ?.

Instead, when I grow in pots, I like organic matter and silt. A bit of silt does wonders for moisture retention, and has a massive ionic buffering capacity.

Not to mention the magic that silt does for phosphorous availability.

Thanks but I wasn't meaning using them for to retain moisture, maby I worded my question badly. I meant if they would absorb and hold liquid plant feeds as there was a discussion about Coco coir fiber and how useful it is (or isn't) to GGs. So the gel having absorbed the watered down liqid feed and mixed with the fiber = a outdoor hydro system? If this idea has any merit I'll give it a go one one of my freebies that I'm planing on giving to a friend anyway & see how it goes...

It would absorb nutrient, so yes in principle you could use it as part of an outdoor hydro (or more accurately a so I less system)

But you'd probably have terrible air flow in your substrate.

I recon its one of those things that's worth doing to see if its doable. But I'd put £ on it being problematic.

Guest RandyBoBandy

2015's remaining stash.. cant wait to get some new fresh stuff... tho alot of this stuff cured up a treat

dont think ive ever smoked so much

gallery_32555_5449_29249.jpg

• Like 13

Guest RandyBoBandy

@

mate i do it alot lol.... most of the time i try finnish the joint before rolling another... i smoke pure so sometimes i only smoke half of my bedtime joint.. so then the next day i might fancy a different bud.. so ill leave the one in the ashtray and roll another.. the older one still gets smoked another time

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 3