The Random Thread

whats_luring

Drugs dogs work better in an enclosed environment as well.

They are dogs theyget ddistracted easy

This was a Labrador, and it was very focussed. Fast, too.

Guest Andromedian

A Labrador. Yeah that would have made me worry a bit too. They could sniff a spliff out, on the moon

Beagles are even worse

Anyone active this morning at 54.5north? 3 blokes digging holes in recently cleared forestry.

If so, find a better spot. You were spotted.

• Like 4

Anyone active this morning at 54.5north? 3 blokes digging holes in recently cleared forestry.

If so, find a better spot. You were spotted.

I suppose you could go back in summer and leave a calling card tied to their plants with a link to this thread. lol that would fry their brain. lol

• Like 1

whoever they were, they are my neighbour so to speak.. most definetely not me though.

Edited by TheNorthernMonkey

Guest RandyBoBandy

i thought of you when i read this post, monkey.... not being one of the donuts digging in what sounds like a pretty open spot, but you saying you never thought there was many outdoor growers up north.. and here is a guy up north, already stumbled upon someone alse lol

loads of good growing up north

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 2

i thought of you when i read this post, monkey.... not being one of the donuts digging in what sounds like a pretty open spot, but you saying you never thought there was many outdoor growers up north.. and here is a guy up north, already stumbled upon someone alse lol

loads of good growing up north

im surprised how many there are close by, ive also came across other possible ggs whilst out on foot with my dog. (1 guy in particular has turned up a handful of times recently - either hes stalking me or he has a plot close by and is hoping to start/finishing prepping, might I add this guy just looks out of place. no dog etc) personally id never rip some1s crop if I stumbled upon it, but I dare say the majority of folk round here would. Edited by TheNorthernMonkey

whoever they were, they are my neighbour so to speak.. most definetely not me though.

Yeh mate, I was going to pm you & clean green.

Its a little below 54.5, so hopefully I'm not poaching on your patch. They may be my neighbours

They were wandering around at 09:30 when I started my walk, and they were actively digging when I returned at 11:30. I watched them for a good 10 minutes trying to figure if they were forestry workers or not. And I'm sure they are not.

@RandyBoBandy: absolutely right, I discounted this place 2 years ago partly because the highest vegetation is 2-3ft tall. There are lots of other reasons which I can't publicly state.

• Like 2

Yeah pretty close to my lat. Reckon they'd be off to my left though if the sun was too at that time in the morning (at a guess). Does anyone else do that 'wonder if he's a gger' thing when you see a long haired, large rucksack wearing weathered bloke on a beat up mountain bike while peddling ruraly?

• Like 4

most

Yeah pretty close to my lat. Reckon they'd be off to my left though if the sun was too at that time in the morning (at a guess). Does anyone else do that 'wonder if he's a gger' thing when you see a long haired, large rucksack wearing weathered bloke on a beat up mountain bike while peddling ruraly?

the odd person yes, mainly camo wearers and rucksack carriers. this guy ive seen wandering and came across a handful of times had both rucksack and full on camo's, not to mention what looked like a foldie up spade slightly showing. its.made me reconsider using 2 of my plots

I reckon/hope that most of us weather beaten camo wearing red eyed ramblers just look like ray mears wannabes or 'one for the pot' poachers to the majority of legal strollers. Deep down they're probably awestruck & envious :jester:

• Like 1

Take a pair of binoculars and pretend to he a twitcher???

I used to have all the buckshee dpm gear but sold it all to a surplus store, silly move. I might end up buying some of it back lol

most

the odd person yes, mainly camo wearers and rucksack carriers. this guy ive seen wandering and came across a handful of times had both rucksack and full on camo's, not to mention what looked like a foldie up spade slightly showing. its.made me reconsider using 2 of my plots

Didn't think twice about it before but now you've got me thinking 😳 There's this guy that I've seen biking a certain road on the way out of town quiet a few times and he's always dressed in camp bottoms with a rucksack. I'm gonna look at people biking differently now 😂😂

bit of a random question for all you gg's - I have access to alot of mole hill dirt close to a plot ive used for the past 2 seasons, just wondering if I was to move a few sacks of this and add fish bb etc to it and into my flower bed, along wth some verve whats been stored properly. could I save myself a total backache at said plot..

• Like 2