The Random Thread

whats_luring

Good points made well there Randy. Isn't it strange how cages look massive when seedlings are put in them and then look so small at flowering time. What's the best plan for deer? There are quite a few Roes around my plots, I saw 4 the other day at one plot. Am thinking of taller wider cages with tops that can be lifet off. I use green pvc coated chicken wire so it would be a circle of this on the top to remove before the plants start to scrog themselves through it. Have heard others just bend the tops in.

• Like 1

Guest RandyBoBandy

i wouldnt know where to start with deer... not had a deer probllem as of yet.. they have some long ol necks on them though dont they.. i guess if i wanted to do quite a few plants then i would do as dan has done in the past and fence of an area, more than worth it in the long run... or i would maybe go smaller, paying each plant lots of attention in the way of compost and protection hoping for big yields.. nice tall wide fencing like you say... i cant really help as ive not had to think about it.

im sure northern tom had deer but defeated them in his diary... rings a bell

Guest The_Guerilla_Dr

@ When I saw Bubs Smoosh's photo of the seedling shooting up, I just knew you would comment somewhere below in response to his post saying "told you", and low and behold your comment was directly below it...

So it appears temperatures are not a factor when starting plants, but light cycle certainly is! Watch that plant start budding up by late March/Early April and then revert back to vegetative mode in May. You'll see some weird shaped leaves and the final budding stage in September will be severely compromised...

@@Bubs Smoosh Any chance you can do a grow update on this seedling in a weeks time, and then a months time etc... interesting to see what happens with it. Here is your chance to disprove my vegetative regeneration theory and any early plant out myths...

Mate your just repeating your self, you've said it many times now, I've also said me and few others do early starts and haven't had any problems doin so.

Wow just goes to show you don't have to plant out in April/may lol

This isn't a controversial comment guerilla doc and don't think nicks trying to have a dig. A March plant out won't automatically kill or fuck up your girls. More risky yes, but chance of bigger plants yes. That simple surely?

Edited by RayGears
  • Like 1

Yeah it's more risky but guerilla growing is all about taking risks ;)

Yeah I wasn't having a dig or anything.

Edited by Nick420

Guest spike_weed

Nice 1 Randy, that's been my main problem for yrs lol skinny cages leads to topped plants or they can re top many of times lol..

I'm going for perimeter fences, 4ft in the ground 6ft high.

For Deers, i use Fishing line at 3 different lengths around the plot/area, works a treat.

I'm planting out in May, Latest start for me ever! but i don't wanna shock my clones by putting them out in march lol

@, what strength is your fishing line? When you say 3 different lengths, do you mean 3 different heights or 3 different distances away?

• Like 1

Guest spike_weed

@, what strength is your fishing line? When you say 3 different lengths, do you mean 3 different heights or 3 different distances away?

40 to 50lb strength

3 Different heights for baby deer to daddy deer :clown:

Knee height - waist height - shoulder height, depends on your height tho so 2ft height and so forth, i myself just put 1 height, im 6ft 2 so 3-4ft height for my fishing line.

Does work. :oldtoker:

• Like 1

Right I've got a good idea if you have a plot near a pond,river,or anything holding fish you could put up a fishing line around your plot then carry on with the line to your fish holding water put a hook on the line then bait it then throw it in you could hang around if the place is not on top or come back later pull fish in take back to your plot and dig it into the native soil this would be best done in the second half of the season for the next year.Please make sure you can take the fish before doing this lovely little gg trick I know this will be very popular so be mindful on how many fish you take.#free and organic.Please comment if you can tweek this good idea and make it even more awesome good luck.

Guest kombatkevin

Goofy talking bollocks again.

Yes people use fish for nitrogen im sure bp did it. But a local fish monger will give you a bag of heads for free.

• Like 1

just sounds fucking cruel. Most people visit their plots infrequently so the fish could be flapping around for ages. And then there's pike and zander that will probably eat the poor fucker alive before u even get it out the water. fbb is what, 3 quid a box? Just go wilkos and don't be a prick.

Edited by RayGears
  • Like 5

If i caught you nicking fish id left hook you and kick you in the drink to float off downstream face down. Im pretty sure any other anglers that caught you would do the same . I know what we do here is illegal in the eyes of the law but thats fucking poaching my friend.

• Like 1