The Random Thread

whats_luring

Anyone reccomend a good small shovel? Seen draper mini shovel for £12 on the big river site. Looks good, any bargains peeps?

Best thing is to get down the car boot and get a spade and fork you like with similar tapers and diameters in the area the handle goes into the digging end then fuck the original handles off and have a detachable handle, the best way of keeping head & handle attached when digging with gusto is one of those quick release seat post clamps that allow you to put the seat up and down easily on a bike, you'll need the largest one you can forage, then just cut the neck of the spade/fork head where the diameter matches the diameter of the seat clamp.

The one I bodged up has seen me through a few seasons and fits nicely in an inconspicuous little rucksack, along with loppers & machete of course :oldtoker:

• Like 2

Pretty much anything 'mini' or folding are crap.

I seen this one reccomend we by a few people.. 1 year warranty on it aswell. Wouldn't get a folding one though they look more trouble then they're worth lol

Type in roughneck micro shovels ... they are 65cm total length there perfect imo ...they h ace, the fork too at 70cm but that double the price

Type in roughneck micro shovels ... they are 65cm total length there perfect imo ...they h ace, the fork too at 70cm but that double the price

May well grab one of these :) 2 for £15 isn't bad at all

These ar also shite. Bought one, bent it in no time. Maybe on light soil plots but it is weak compared to a full size spade. For the benefits of having a decent tool at your plot its worth a walk in the dark to chuck it over the fence or whatever, the night before sorr of thing.

• Like 4

Guest Andromedian

Yep, cannot beat a full size spade or shovel........we leave a couple at every plot we have....

the ones at The forbidden zone, have been there, nearly 3 years now.....they cost about £8 from B and Q, and are still good to go.

Even the army folding shovels, are a load of crap....very very sturdy, but so small.........you will end up digging holes on your knees :g:

• Like 5

Have to wade through this to get to main plot..

Wading through to my main plot this morning. Got my work cut out for me this year, managed to get a fair bit done today. Unfortunately for me my phone died right after the entrance shot. Heading out tomorrow , so will grab some of the plot tomorrow , and the progess. ;) When my camera arrives and can take decent pics worth seeing might start a diary. :oldtoker:

Hows everbodys plots looking ?

All the best folks,

Bubbles :shock:

• Like 4

Guest Andromedian

Made it back to Andromeda, to sample some of the finer smoking devices available in our tiny universe....

Bit beyond the human glass blower me thinks....

gallery_80057_11261_53932.jpg

gallery_80057_11261_54297.jpg

;):alien:

• Like 8

I've been roped in to painting and cleaning the dogs this weekend. No such fun with a spade for me. You guys are flying the flag though. Inspirational stuff.

Guest Andromedian

I've been roped in to painting and cleaning the dogs this weekend. No such fun with a spade for me. You guys are flying the flag though. Inspirational stuff.

What colour are you painting your Dog dude? lol lol lol

• Like 6