The Random Thread

whats_luring

I have access to copper paste at work, I will liberate a tin in preperation for trials. It is horrible shit if you get it on your clothes or skin, takes ages to get off.

Have you tried the copper spray? Its a bit thinner but easier to apply, maybe not as long lasting...

Did you use straight copper paste? Im thinking a mix up with coarse sea salt might be slug-armageddon

Wouldn't recommend the spray mate you will contaminate your soil. The thick grease and the WD and salt paste can be targeted better.

Would be very easy for any spray to run into soil and kill your plant. I would be really carefull even with the pastes as they can wash into the soil.

• Like 1

Guest Andromedian

I have access to copper paste at work, I will liberate a tin in preperation for trials. It is horrible shit if you get it on your clothes or skin, takes ages to get off.

Have you tried the copper spray? Its a bit thinner but easier to apply, maybe not as long lasting...

Did you use straight copper paste? Im thinking a mix up with coarse sea salt might be slug-armageddon

Made these turrets up, out of really course emery paper......no more slug problems!

gallery_80057_6588_19614.jpg

Edited by Andromedian
  • Like 6

Guest Andromedian

@@Andromedian looks like the stores in work is going to get a hiding then. I can aquire 60 grit wet and dry and copper paste. Better keep those slimy little fuckers away.

Its not 100%......but i have found that slugs will only cross this shit, when their life is in danger....

We used about 40 of these in our first season......very little slug damage.....in fact the only time slugs got past it, was when they used other vegetation, to climb onto our plant, above the trap.....

• Like 1

@@Andromedian looks like the stores in work is going to get a hiding then. I can aquire 60 grit wet and dry and copper paste. Better keep those slimy little fuckers away.

Nothing better than a shop with no tills lol mines is well locked these days. Especially with me going about ha ha, don't blame them !

Guest Andromedian

Nothing better than a shop with no tills lol mines is well locked these days. Especially with me going about ha ha, don't blame them !

Where do you think i got mine from ha ha

• Like 1

@@The_Blue_Bus something I did for 6 moths a while back, also something I'd give my left leg to get back into. You more private gardens and stuff or commercial new build contracts. Loved the grind and the graft

• Like 1

No I'm actually a Horticulturalist aka scum bag gardener lol.

Let's just say my employers have a finger in many pies.

With that spelling ,you must be in the US of A !

• Like 1

Private garden woodland green back ever since I left the school or the skill in scotland lol.

It's a great job also got greenhouses that I spend my winter in propagating and sowing summer bedding 1000s of the stuff I produce it for penny's. Nearly faint when I see what it costs in the garden centres.

My dream is one day when the bull shit is all over I can have a life growing my favourite plant in my own greenhouses.

But yeah you can't beat horticulture as a job. I have to kick myself up the arse sometimes cause I know I am really lucky compared to what everyone else does. Like mornings when you just want to stay in bed.

• Like 3