The Random Thread

whats_luring

Hey guys, been a while since I been on here, but can't help but notice the change in motivation on here for the outdoors. People are prepping plots already? Have I missed something since I've been away? New outdoor strains doing well ? Sorry for questions folks!

@@GreenVision Ahh the life of us stoners ay 😁 - Yes mate and very excited too, had to take some time out due to family problems. Still running some of my usual babies, kept a few mothers, them few which I could never let go of now.. And trial running some Lemon garlic og by humbolt , and Rolex og. Going to have a read up about them but there 2nd week in flower now so just see how they go for myself.

Guest spike_weed

Hey guys, been a while since I been on here, but can't help but notice the change in motivation on here for the outdoors. People are prepping plots already? Have I missed something since I've been away? New outdoor strains doing well ? Sorry for questions folks!

You've been a member since 2015.

In the winter months i myself go nuts prepping all my plots! I then upload pics here and get ppl motivated!

I'll be relaxing mid feb to plant out around end of April to 1st wk in May.

Yeah, look in the outdoor strain database bro.

I got some in flower also but around 3/4wks in :oldtoker:

med_gallery_79779_12009_92006.jpg:rockon:

• Like 3

Hey @ , I was a member before this acc but lost all details. And before that a long time reader, so safe to say I been around a while. 😊 . Nice to see the motivation, and people realising the rewards of outdoors in the UK. I will have a look through and see the new strains available , must be making an impression by the looks of activity on the gg section😁. Things looking well in the groom, what ladies you growing? Atb dude

• Like 2

Guest spike_weed

Hey @ , I was a member before this acc but lost all details. And before that a long time reader, so safe to say I been around a while. . Nice to see the motivation, and people realising the rewards of outdoors in the UK. I will have a look through and see the new strains available , must be making an impression by the looks of activity on the gg section. Things looking well in the groom, what ladies you growing? Atb dude

Ahhh get ya now.

Nice one, Yeah man, peeps know it can be done!

@spike_weed: nice grow. I like the hack reflector: ever got a light metre to it?

It ain't a hack, they are the old 1's from yrs ago.

Next grow i'm upgrading the reflector/hid

Light metre?

Edited by spike_weed

Guest Andromedian

@@Andromedian WD40 is a fish based oil. More natural than synthetic I believe.

May not do much harm, worth looking into..

Get the Fuck outta here!!!! Reeeeally

Thats why i love this site.....i use wd40 every day, and did not have a clue it was fish based :doh:

Well crazy....don't smell like fish......

Cheers for the info dude

• Like 1

Sorry, @, they really do look very happy plants, but the reflectors about as bent & dented as mine ;) which is a really shit home made one...

mention the light metre 'cos those straight sided flecters give quite uneven light distribution: loads in the middle, not much around the edges. Also, it probably gives hot spots.

you can get light metre apps for your phone. Stick it in your grow chamber & see how variable the light intensity is.

If you're thinking of upgrading your HID, depending on the size, I'd really recommend a ceramic metal halide: they've got a fantastic spectrum, really natural daylight. And they work straight off a sodium balast. Bit more expensive but worth it imho

Edited by marquee moon

Guest spike_weed

Get the Fuck outta here!!!! Reeeeally

Thats why i love this site.....i use wd40 every day, and did not have a clue it was fish based :doh:

Well crazy....don't smell like fish......

Cheers for the info dude

Ditto bro, i didn't know that either, and i was a fishmen for ages lamo!!

Sorry, @, they really do look very happy plants, but the reflectors about as bent & dented as mine ;) which is a really shit home made one...

mention the light metre 'cos those straight sided flecters give quite uneven light distribution: loads in the middle, not much around the edges. Also, it probably gives hot spots.

you can get light metre apps for your phone. Stick it in your grow chamber & see how variable the light intensity is.

If you're thinking of upgrading your HID, depending on the size, I'd really recommend a ceramic metal halide: they've got a fantastic spectrum, really natural daylight. And they work straight off a sodium balast. Bit more expensive but worth it imho

Yeah its my pals, i kinda bent myself to allow the light to hit the side 1's more, he gonna flip when he sees it tomorrow when he brings another 400w hps over, yeah man gonna add another light to help out.

Thanks for the help though..

Much appreciated ;)