Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

My next few series to watch:

The Man in the High Castle

Mr. Robot

The Expanse

The Wire (yes I know... I've been meaning to get around to it just like Six Feet Under and Sopranos (both complete now))

jessica jones (suggested to me)

fortitude (forgot about this til i read this thread)

The expanse is good, Mr Robot pretty decent... but Jesus Christ you should stop whatever you are doing, quit your job and watch The Wire before you do anything else.

• Like 4

The expanse is good, Mr Robot pretty decent... but Jesus Christ you should stop whatever you are doing, quit your job and watch The Wire before you do anything else.

Yes this.

I'm finally right now getting my mates to watch the wire. I've been saying for over a year it's the best thing I've ever watched and IS better than breaking bad by a long way.

Jessica Jones is another good shout. Was surprised how good this was. David Tenant carries it though. I have doubts a second series would work as well centred around a different enemy. Doubt he'll be back so soon.

• Like 1

@YoLo@Stoned Whale Brother's been egging me for the last decade to watch it lol Not sure why I never did.

I've watched 4 episodes of Mr. Robot now.. I didn't realise prior that it was the same writter as for Dexter - no wonder why there are so many "dark passenger" vigilante connotations.

I dislike the general referencing to try and entice the people who aren't into hacking/programming/coding because it sways away from the whole point of the series imo. The first episode (zero) had a hard on for Matrix and even went so far to reference the "red/blue pill" scene word by word.

I can understand why my brother is calling me Elliot atm what with my mentality lol I don't do morphine though! I love my weeeeed.

and ffs... why did he have to get a dog! This is getting too close to home :rofl::bag:

eta: Thought I recognised Shayla from somewhere: Jock american series called BMS (Blue Mountain State) -Mary-Jane is fit as fuck in that.

Edited by dannychoo

My next few series to watch:

The Man in the High Castle

Mr. Robot

The Expanse

The Wire (yes I know... I've been meaning to get around to it just like Six Feet Under and Sopranos (both complete now))

jessica jones (suggested to me)

fortitude (forgot about this til i read this thread)

Watch The Wire.

Fuck everything else off and watch The Wire.

IMHO the greatest TV series ever made.

I've watched the whole thing through at least 3 times now, and enjoyed it every single time. I'll undoubtedly watch it again. IMHO the only cop drama that comes close to what the real drug situation is like. Dated, for sure, but still more real than anything that has been made since. Masterpiece.

• Like 3

I'm gonna come back in a month or two having watched the wire back to back and calling myself a cunt for not watching it sooner, aren't I ? lol:bangin::bag:

eta 5 series, 60 episodes... 55-60 mins each with a 93min finale

Edited by dannychoo

The wire is something else, I think you can get it in widescreen now as well.

Just finished season 1. Itching to get back in to the docks in season 2 again. It's just fantastic.

Anyone seen the widescreen version?

Always kinda liked the black bars. Gives it a more focused feel.

• Like 1

I'm gonna come back in a month or two having watched the wire back to back and calling myself a cunt for not watching it sooner, aren't I ? lol:bangin::bag:

eta 5 series, 60 episodes... 55-60 mins each with a 93min finale

Just watch the first few episodes of the first series. If you're not totally hooked by them then fair enough I was hooked from the very first episode, and when the series finished I just HAD to watch the second one.

• Like 2

I finished Salem a few weeks back and now waiting for season 3; I couldn't recommend it enough, really one of the best series I've seen for years :yep:

Just waiting for the new series of Better Call Saul; only a fee weeks now

• Like 1