Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I watched Capital last night on BBC1 I have no idea where its going but certainly captured my interest

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 1

Currently watching Evil Dead and Last Kingdom, myself.

Not sure what to make of Evil Dead. I'm loving that it's Bruce Campbell in it and that it's actually the continuation of the story and not just another remake, but at the same time I feel that it's cheapening the epic-ness of Evil Dead. I'm a twisted cunt like that and I'll still watch it through to the end. lol

Last Kingdom is fair good too, if you don't mind how far they stray from the book. It's written by the same bloke who wrote the Sharpe books (Bernard Cornwell) and the series behind this one (the Saxon Stories) is fantastic, in my view. Anyone read it? I like to see his Warlord Chronicles as a sort of prologue to the Saxon tales, it's about the Britons efforts to dispell the Saxons from their island and and is basically his reworking of the Arthur legends. A good insight perhaps to what life was like in 5AD Britain and a refreshing look at the Arthur legend without all the crazy magical nonsense.

Come to think of it, I reckon that would make a much better TV series than the Saxon Stories lol

@@JamieThePainter yeah i read the books, really liked them. cant say get on with the tv sires though.. utred is one of the worst bits of miss casting in tv history, hes supposed to be physically imposing, a terrifying character, not a girly boy with plucked eyebrows..

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 2

lol aye, me and my cousin were talking about that the other weekend there. In place of a grizzly monster, you placed a boy band member. lol

I watched Capital last night on BBC1 I have no idea where its going but certainly captured my interest

I watched it, interesting plot twist at the end and I can't guess at where it's going, but thought the characters were a bit cardboard: the almost 'pantomime baddie ' self-indulgent banker's wife, the dutiful drudge newsagent dad and his naive idealist brat son with the manipulative islamist mate, the asylum seeker with her happy-clappy African church.

Doesn't bode well for any sparkling original plot developments.

I know it's not a drama but Rent A Cop on BBC3 is worth 30 mins of anybody's time. It's about a security firm in Darlington and comes over like life imitating mockumentary - I had to check it wasn't a spoof and I've seen similar remarks on other forums. The first two episodes are the best/worst, it just has to be seen to be believed. Could easily walk off with any annual unintentional comedy awards to me it's the most entertaining series on right now.

• Like 2

Guest Theokoles

I like the sound of The Last Kingdom, historical dramas really are my kind of thing, nothing compares to the mini series Spartacus in this respect though imo its an absolute epic journey, but ill definitely give it a go. Currently on season 2 of Fargo, gutted its not a continuation of season 1 but its still good, just unexpected and different story.

Last Kingdom is good, Reign is also most groovy - I must admit to liking Big Bang Theory, The Flash 2014, Arrow, American Horror Story, Gotham, iZombie and a few others ..

I was going to suggest Oak island but apart from the legend/theory of treasure, it's pretty shit, not normally one to post spoilers but this week's episode was basically 4 people going to a plant hire centre, sitting in various diggers, renting one and digging a hole lol I shit you not lol

Last week we were treated to 4 people removing a rusty pipe from another rusty pipe lol

:soap:

Any Sci-Fi fans might want to look up The Expanse. Happened upon the first episode and it was really quite good.

Great production values and execution (particularly for a show from the Syfy) with some good actors including Chad L Coleman (The Wire/The Walking Dead) + others I'm sure people will recognise:

• Like 2

I know it's not a drama but Rent A Cop on BBC3 is worth 30 mins of anybody's time. It's about a security firm in Darlington and comes over like life imitating mockumentary - I had to check it wasn't a spoof and I've seen similar remarks on other forums. The first two episodes are the best/worst, it just has to be seen to be believed. Could easily walk off with any annual unintentional comedy awards to me it's the most entertaining series on right now.

I've just watched the first episode of this, all I can say is "What the fuck?"

• Like 3