Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Its been ages since I've checked out this thread so I'm assuming some/most/all of my suggestions will have already been made, but this is what I'm currently watching:

Heroes reborn (I didn't watch heroes when it first came out, so got to binge on every heroes series and then straight onto reborn which i'm enjoying)

Justified (current series is pretty good, started to go off it when it was all about the love affair with the pres but its got better again imo)

How to get away with murder

The Blacklist (its a bit cliche but I love watching James Spader act)

Haven (its pretty cheesy but fills the gaps when I've got nothing else to watch)

Elementary (a reasonable different take on sherlock holmes)

Empire

American horror story (the latest season is really good with a great 80's goth/post punk influenced sound track)

South Park (new series is amazing as always!)

Code black (gritty medical drama, lots of blood and stress and tears)

Chicago PD (typical Dick Wolf cop production, hate the adoration of cops element but the stories are reasonably entertaining)

Marvel's agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The walking dead

Quantico

Guest Theokoles

Watched Spartacus again for abut the 20th time, i swear i must be reincarnated from that time im addicted, its something i could watch over and over again and probably always will. Thats rare for me.

Salem is ok although im struggling to get into it, dont think ill finish.

Persons of interest is good although a little predictable, i prefer a story to develop a little more but it is what it is. Might just finish season 1 as theirs about 20 odd episodes, too many imo.

Going to get back into Ray Donovan as season 1 was excellent. So Season 2 and 3 im looking forward to.

Mr Robot sounds good will wait for a couple of years probably, i like to watch a series back to back and cant stand waiting a year for the next.

Elementary i might make an exception for, as my niece and partner tell me im a dead ringer for the guy who plays Sherlock, mannerisms and all..that might be weird lol

• Like 1

my niece and partner tell me im a dead ringer for the guy who plays Sherlock, mannerisms and all..that might be weird lol

what, sick boy lol

• Like 1

I've been watching the current series of Fargo, Homeland, and Family Guy, all have been really good so far.

Also been trying to watch the new series of The Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory, but find myself having a hard time sticking with these two now.

• Like 1

I finished Mr Robot last night. Thought it was an excellent series. It had me hooked from start to finish.

Thumbs up from me, only watched 2 1/2 eps so far I think, it was late but it`s well written with good twists!

• Like 1

Also been trying to watch the new series of The Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory, but find myself having a hard time sticking with these two now.

I loved first few series of The Big Bang Theory, when it was just the geeks being geeks. But Howard getting married, Leonard ending up with Penny, the whole dynamic has changed and not for the better IMHO They are supposed to be ubergeeks, they are not supposed to get the girl. The only reason I keep watching is because Sheldon is such a great character, and really well played by Jim Parsons. Aside from him I think the best thing about it is Amy Farrah Fowler, I think Mayim Bialik is a superb comic actress.

E2A anyone else remember her from Blossom, back in the mid 90s ?

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Just finished the last season of Justified, stands out from the others' final seasons due to not being unsatisfactory and everyone not getting killed.

Watched the pilot and first episode of American Horror Story and won't be watching any more, it's a barely functioning stew of every horror meme and character you've ever seen and it's just too confusing to work for me.

Watched the pilot and first episode of American Horror Story and won't be watching any more, it's a barely functioning stew of every horror meme and character you've ever seen and it's just too confusing to work for me.

That's pretty much what I thought of American Horror Story, the writers in lieu of actually understanding the genre, having a feel for it and having a story to tell, just threw every horror cliche at the script in the vague hope that some of them would stick. It's a pet peeve of mine - movie/tv makers that hire any old hack to write a horror script. It doesn't work like that, horror is a very specific thing. Anyone can write a rom com or a light drama, but horror requires an understanding of what horror is all about, if you don't have that then you simply can't write a horror script, it's like a person with no sense of humour trying to write a comedy.

E2A The only good thing about American Horror Story was the opening title sequence.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1