Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Have you seen the Gantz series/live action, one of the best imo. Think my favourite recent anime has to be Psycho Pass, such a great plot and characters.

nope but i'll check um out, cheers

has anyone caught "Brink" yet ?

its about a U.S. government and military scramble to prevent World War 3 from happening amidst the chaos of a geopolitical crisis.

tim robbins is a top advisor to the prez & is a right perv, jack blacks also in it & he plays a low level cia guy who gets caught outside the embassy

when theres an uprising & he's buying weed to score with a secretary from another embassy lol

then theres the topgun flyer & observer who are sent to carry out a first strike mission & theyre out their nuts on good mdma lol

• Like 1

Enjoying watching DaVicis Demons atm. Me and the Mrs tend to watch this kind of thing together.

Get past the first episode and the poor cgi. It gets better. As does the acting. It's growing on me and it's starting season 3 soon.

Falling skies starts tomorrow. The last Ship started last week.

Season 3 of the Goldbergs due to land in September. Can't fucking wait. Best comedy around currently.

Also if your into The Island with Bear Grylls, try Kevin Mcloud escape show on Chanel 4.

And Alone by discovery. Set in Canada , Ten men have to survive , last man standing. And he wins 500,000 dollars. Think it's a Canadian show. Buts it's really good. Better than the Island. I highly recommend it if your into survival stuff.

• Like 1

Just watching the last episode of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell on the iPlayer. Thoroughly enjoyed the series, loved the book and I think the BBC did a very creditable job with the adaptation.

E2A Though I realise alternate history with magic and faeries probably isn't to everyone's taste lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Another +1 for 'Falling Skies' here, enjoyed almost every episode though there's the odd slow one, for those that missed Blakes 7 from the 70's I have just erm acquired all 4 seasons via the usual sources, will try and share as much as possible as soon as I have finished with current projects over the next week or so though all 4 seasons didn't take too long to acquire.

Others I liked:

Rome series (enjoyed every bit)

Dune Mini Series (fanboy so also enjoyed)

Will ave to sift through this thread as I could use another series or two to watch, may well just be time to replay the entire series of Battlestar Galactica though I also watched the prequel to this which was ok.

Just watching the last episode of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell on the iPlayer. Thoroughly enjoyed the series, loved the book and I think the BBC did a very creditable job with the adaptation.

E2A Though I realise alternate history with magic and faeries probably isn't to everyone's taste lol

I really enjoyed it, too, very well made, I can't comment on how good the adaptation was from the book as I've not seen it.

Anyone remember survivors from the 70's? just saw the BBC did a remake in 2008 did anyone watch that?

I have fond memories of the original series as a little kid but not sure how it would re-watch today. Will try find it online see if i can stream a few episodes, If not I may try the remake.

Mr Robot ep 2 out goin 2 watch it 2nite 4 those that use kat piratebay etc use unblocked.pw gives u easy acces 2 latest proxy sites for dwnload and streamin

• Like 1

Jonathan Strang and Mr Norrell, really good

Car Match maker (sort of quite good)

Battle Bots, same as above

Anyone remember survivors from the 70's? just saw the BBC did a remake in 2008 did anyone watch that?

I have fond memories of the original series as a little kid but not sure how it would re-watch today. Will try find it online see if i can stream a few episodes, If not I may try the remake.

@@BDG i didn't see it 1st time round but found it entertaining enough.

the remake is ok too , you've got the advantage of being able to watch them back to back if you choose and can avoid cliffhangers.

just checked and there's an 8.09 gb torrent of the 1975 version on kickasstorrents, can't help with streaming sites though, sorry.

• Like 1

Getting old now but it is timeless and one of the all time greatest shows and has become available on sky on demand as a full box set.

The Wire

will never get old, im going to start watching it for the 3rd time.

its the modern equivalent of Shakespeare IMHO