Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

anyone given Supergirl a go yet?

@@Hazeworks I watched the pilot the other day

Too early to tell, but I thinks it's going to be a decent show.

Gotham is pretty good, 5 episodes in and the storyline they're using seems to be good, I see its Produced and Screenplay written by Bruno Heller who also did The Mentalist.

anyone given Supergirl a go yet?

lasted less than 5 mins before i deleted the first ep, total pish imo.

• Like 2

I'm still working my way through The Shield, half way through season 4 and I'd give t a firm 9/10 so far :yep:

'Wayway Pines' is OK so far and another +1 for 'Mr Robot', thought the first episode was fucking great. 'Texas Rising' is pretty good and 'Louie' is great comedy.. Silicon Valley is awesome, enjoying it more than Game of Thrones atm..

'Between', 'supergirl' and 'the messengers' are trash.

• Like 1

Been looking for a half hour comedy series to watch at night before bed...After watching tpb to death. ..

Came across 'The Goldbergs'. After seeing it advertised to start on UK terrestrial soon. I thought I'd give it a go.. glad I did. :)

It's a comedy series about family life in the 80's. Damn, Takes you back aye...

Watched quite a few eps last night. Was in tears of laughter in parts..

If you grew up in the 80's have a looksy. So many things we used to get upto back in the day comes flooding back.. things were so much simpler then eh!.. lol

I'm Going to watch a few more eps tonight I think..

• Like 3

@@HazyDaze gonna give this a go, ran out of series that look appealing, had a few good suggestions on this thread, Orphan Black and Bosch, if you have not seen, well worth a watch. thats first episode buffered up so im off :yep:

• Like 1

The Goldbergs 10/10 comedy set in the 80s

The Big Bang Theory. 9/10. Would be 10 except Bernadette went from a normal voice in season 3 to the most annoying squeaky (trying to sound dumb) voice.

Modern Family Season 6 still funny.

Hannibal season 3 Episode 1. Slow like the others but nicely done.

I watch Hanibal mainly as the Wife really likes it. I enjoy it, but sometimes I do drift off a little bit.

It's very well made. Couldnt find a torrent for the first episode of season 3 , but then it was on sky. So watched it there.

another one for mr robot :yep: it looks really interesting its got that kid who played hammer from Pacific in it as well :)

nice one for the recommendation fellas

• Like 1

I'll give Mr Robot a go (hadn't even heard of it). As others have said, I tried 12 Monkeys (cos I thought the movie was superb, one of Gilliam's best IMHO) but really didn't get into it, gave up half way through and to be honest I can't recall a thing about it, which is never a good sign. Enjoyed Orphan Black though, was much better than I expected.

Watched a few episodes of The Goldbergs and must admit I didn't even crack a smile once, never mind laugh. But I think comedy is one of the most, I dunno, personal things I I'd guess I'd call it. What one person finds hilarious the next person just doesn't even find mildly amusing, so I'm not criticising it, it's just not in tune with my particular sense of humour.

Edited by Boojum