Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I felt Gotham went off the boil after about ep 10 or so...

I've watched up to ep 13. I've saved a few up for a few weeks now. Tbh i thought it went a bit Shit for a few eps... hoping to get back into it with my saved up episodes now I've finished binge watching breaking bad... lol

Trailer park boys is back on the 27th...

Then the best TV I've ever seen is back next month.. can't wait for GOT ... :yes:

Gotham was only scheduled for about 10 episodes iirc. Then fox needed to increase it as it was very successful and they were lacking in good ratings shows. So made more hence the rushed feel to it imo

The Fall bbc serial killer drama. Was good 7/10.

On season 2 now. It builds tension nicely.

Just been watching the poorly named but beautifully made and acted 'Luck'

Alas 9 episodes is all there will ever be so enjoy Dennis Farina's swansong. Never seen him better. The best at what he does. The production values and writing are very good. If you like gambling then it is worth a look.

RE-watching season 4 of Game of Thrones was a mistake. Now I REALLY want season 5 to start. NOW. And everything else I watch is poo by comparison :sadwalk:

Yes booj. I find the same.

I tried watching vikings after GOT and it just seemed cheap...Wish I watched vikings first.... lol

Will get back too vikings at some point though..

• Like 1

RE-watching season 4 of Game of Thrones was a mistake. Now I REALLY want season 5 to start. NOW. And everything else I watch is poo by comparison :sadwalk:

lol what did i say about "the blacklist"

I like vikings but yeah it is cheap compared to game of thrones.

I cant get enough of deadwood at the moment, its fucking awesome. loads of folk have previously told me to watch it, im glad I didn't cause I get to enjoy it now.

I think I've mentioned it before, but Banshee is a cracking watch. Completely OTT but great fun and it gets better as it goes along. It's just been renewed for a new series which is good.

• Like 2

Guest Theokoles

I like vikings but yeah it is cheap compared to game of thrones. Just finished series 1 of Strike B

I cant get enough of deadwood at the moment, its fucking awesome. loads of folk have previously told me to watch it, im glad I didn't cause I get to enjoy it now.

Did you ever get round to Spartacus? you said you were going to give it a try..its the first episode of series 1 that puts people off..it really just a load of extras who can act for shit, just wondered if you watched it. imho its on par with Dexter, Breaking Bad and better than GOT..Deadwood is ok.

I will get round to watching House of Cards at some point.Just finished series 1 of strike back..it was pretty bog standard..

Did you ever get round to Spartacus? you said you were going to give it a try..its the first episode of series 1 that puts people off..it really just a load of extras who can act for shit, just wondered if you watched it. imho its on par with Dexter, Breaking Bad and better than GOT..Deadwood is ok.

I will get round to watching House of Cards at some point.Just finished series 1 of strike back..it was pretty bog standard..

not yet mate but I will, its on my to do list. ive gotten myself caught up in deadwood and the wire at the moment. I do like historical swordplay though, even if its not too historically accurate.

Has anyone watched Underbelly? I quite liked that series wasn't keen on the two set back in the 20's 30's right enough but the rest are decent enough :yep:

• Like 1

Same as you ELO i liked all the other underbelly just not the ones set in the 20 and 30,which is strange for me .As i usaly like stuff from that time just those two i could not get into,there is a new zealand one called Land of the Long Green Cloud i have said before in this thread and another ozzie one called bikie wars which is based on a true story.Another ozzie show which is funny which i found called small time gangster.

Edited by hashi
  • Like 1

Same as you ELO i liked all the other underbelly just not the ones set in the 20 and 30,which is strange for me .As i usaly like stuff from that time just those two i could not get into,there is a new zealand one called Land of the Long Green Cloud i have said before in this thread and another ozzie one called bikie wars which is based on a true story.Another ozzie show which is funny which i found called small time gangster.

ive got a list of oz tv shows I want to work my way through, mostly comedy though, I love oz humour.

started danger 5 last week but id taken codeine and cant remember much of it. I do remember sniggering all the way through though. im not even too sure how to describe it, the plot is about 5 spys on the hunt for hitler but its made to look like its filmed in the 70s but set in the 40s. its weird like thunderbirds mixed with police story and a whole load more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z09bNgSeMI

edit. I meant thunderbirds mixed with police squad (leslie Nielsen) not police story (jackie chan)

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 1

I discovered "inside no 9" last night by the same two who wrote league of gentlemen(which I love) and I hav to say it was brilliantly written every episode had a tist at he end and the comedy value was next level, highly recommend it to anyone

Atb hari

Edited by madharibo
  • Like 2