Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

American Gothic was good too, just remembered that one :)

Just started watching that again, I remember loving it when it was first on. Another one that got cancelled :sadwalk:

• Like 1

@@OLaC Have you seen Sling Blade ?

1996 film that was written and directed by Billy Bob Thornton and starring Billy Bob and Lucas Black (the young boy who was Caleb in American Gothic).

I highly recommend it, Billy Bob Thornton is fucking outstanding. Superb film.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

cheers @@Boojum no havent seen it, and am literally looking for stuff to watch so ifs on PB ill watch it later :)

I got the dvd boxset of american gothic, they werent gonna release it on DVD and there was a huge petition asking for its release..and they finally did. Always seems the men in suits dont realise the actual popularity of these shows til after theyve cancelled them and people start kicking off :(

• Like 1

What's PB ? :unsure:

piratebay :wassnnme:

e2a: it was and already finished downloading (living in the future!), got the directors cut too.

Edited by OLaC

If subtitles don't put you off, then "The Returned" was excellent. Also "Inspector Montalbano" and (the rare spin off which is the equal of the original) "The Young Montalbano".

Also (from the BBCs golden years) "I, Claudius", "Elizabeth R" (steer well clear of the 1980s "The Borgias" though).

The great thing about the emerging US cable-led shows (The Wire, Sopranos, House of Cards) is that they treat the audience as intelligent and discerning, so aren't afraid of long story arcs, which allow characters to become fully dimensional, rather than caricatures. They also allow quite intricate plots to develop, which makes it more "real".

For some light relief, "Spaced" ?

What about Homeland? I thought it was ok.

far too much like propaganda for my liking

Oz is pretty good.

As is the first few series of Spooks.

Orange Is The New Black is a good N'flix series.

Utopia is OK

Luther is awesome.

Weeds up to series 3 is good.

Bored to Death and Eastbound And Down are good comedies.

It's Alway Sunny In Philadelphia is all kinds of funny.

just d/l`d Luther the other day to have a look

Always sunny in.... is a bloody hilarious comedy with awesomely bonkers characters

@@OLaC Have you seen Sling Blade ?

1996 film that was written and directed by Billy Bob Thornton and starring Billy Bob and Lucas Black (the young boy who was Caleb in American Gothic).

I highly recommend it, Billy Bob Thornton is fucking outstanding. Superb film.

Iv'e got this on my "to-watch-list". I watched a documentary about "Harvey Weinstein" - the Hollywood mogul who founded "Miramax" and "Sling Blade" is referenced a few times. It was the movie that got "Miramax" noticed in Hollywood and eventually led to Disney financing them.

Is it really good? i'm sure it has won an "Academy Award" too.

Iv'e got this on my "to-watch-list". I watched a documentary about "Harvey Weinstein" - the Hollywood mogul who founded "Miramax" and "Sling Blade" is referenced a few times. It was the movie that got "Miramax" noticed in Hollywood and eventually led to Disney financing them.

Is it really good? i'm sure it has won an "Academy Award" too.

Academy awards are bollocks - load of cocksuckers blowing smoke up each others arses.

I think it's a superb film. Very dark, Billy Bob Thornton is fucking superb and should have won an Oscar, but didn't.