Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Gotham's back on Channel 5 :) (had my reservations when it started, but I admit I'm a fan now). Catching up on the 2 episodes that were on tonight. A couple of familiar faces, Isiah Whitlock Jr - Clay Davis from The Wire is the director of Arkham Asylum (sheeeit), and Morena Baccarin is Dr Thompkins :wub: I honestly think she is truly beautiful, I've had a massive crush on her ever since Firefly.

I keep hearing about Gotham on here. Tempted to take a look but I'm put off by the fact that it's on C5. It's the kiss of death for me, like any new film with Johnny Depp in it, instant dealbreaker.

If it's that good, why hasn't it been picked up by the bigger networks?

Channel 5 have got both CSI and NCIS. I'm not saying either of them are good (CSI was OK for the first couple of seasons, but the Miami and New York spinoffs are awful, and NCIS is fucking appalling right wing arse gravy), but CSI was one of the most popular shows in the USA, and (for some reason that I fail to understand) NCIS is one of the most popular TV shows in the world, so Channel 5 clearly have the money to spend on US shows.

E2A Gotham isn't great, but I think it's enjoyable enough.

Edited by Boojum

I keep hearing about Gotham on here. Tempted to take a look but I'm put off by the fact that it's on C5. It's the kiss of death for me, like any new film with Johnny Depp in it, instant dealbreaker.

I'm not put off Gotham being on C5 (I think they have some decent programmes on btw), what puts me off is that its now 24 episodes per season, which for a 45 min show is usually a sign its going to be shite (think Prison Break, Lost, 24...etc).

Gotham is quite good if you like that type of thing , nothing amazing

Still not watched any more yet. Was gonna watch some this evening but I've decided to re-watch season 4 of Game of Thrones, cos I just can't wait until the 15th of April.

E2A Ahhh, just the title music gives me goosebumps - IMHO the best opening title sequence ever :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Not sure how I missed it first time round, Ive just started watching "The Trip" with Coogan and Brydon. Funniest thing Ive seen in ages!

It's good re-watching Game of Thrones, I've only seen season 4 once, so watching it again now I know what happens means I'm seeing stuff that leads up to other stuff, seeing the gears moving as it were :) Definitely a series that can (and probably should) be watched more than once :)

• Like 2

Underbelly the best by far!! Peaky blinders is really good aswell soundtracks cool as fck, white stripes/nick cave and the bad seeds ✌️

Onto episode 2 and I like the sly nod to his fantasy predecessors that George R R Martin gives when Joffrey asks what his new sword should be called and the first person who calls out shouts "Stormbringer." :)

Not sure how I missed it first time round, Ive just started watching "The Trip" with Coogan and Brydon. Funniest thing Ive seen in ages!

@@Hot_Rock

Good shout, had me laughing out loud many times, brilliant riffing from both men

• Like 1

RE-watching season 4 of Game of Thrones was a mistake. Now I REALLY want season 5 to start. NOW. And everything else I watch is poo by comparison :sadwalk:

• Like 4