Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Utopia is a great series, real head fuck.

Watching season 2 of Peaky blinders atm, great Tv!!!!

Edited by Bonga

I thought series 1 of Utopia was brilliant. Series 2 was a bit of a disappointment in some ways - it wasn't bad, I enjoyed it, it just wasn't nearly as good as series 1, so was a bit disappointing. Peaky Blinders was decent, but I felt in some ways it was a bit style over substance.

i watched UTOPIA season 1 & season 2 in one sitting & its so clever & shocking at the same time, cant believe Ch4 have dropped it !!!

tho, the yanks are going to do a remake.

• Like 1

If anyones into the survival type programmes Naked and Afraid is a good watch, 2 people never met before dropped off in remote location with no clothes and only 1 item each, for 21 days. Really hard in some of the locations.

Edited by asbo420

i watched UTOPIA season 1 & season 2 in one sitting & its so clever & shocking at the same time, cant believe Ch4 have dropped it !!!

I shudder at the very thought.

Loved it (series 1 more than series 2) and to be honest I thought that Neil Maskell as Arby was the best thing about it. I thought he was brilliant. His deadpan, emotionless delivery of the line (again and again) in series 1 "Where is Jessica Hyde ?" was absolutely chilling.

• Like 3

If anyones into the survival type programmes Naked and Afraid is a good watch, 2 people never met before dropped off in remote location with no clothes and only 1 item each, for 21 days. Really hard in some of the locations.

Fnar fnar :bag:

I shudder at the very thought.

Loved it (series 1 more than series 2) and to be honest I thought that Neil Maskell as Arby was the best thing about it. I thought he was brilliant. His deadpan, emotionless delivery of the line (again and again) in series 1 "Where is Jessica Hyde ?" was absolutely chilling.

arby was a scary character tho lee was nearly as sinister with his spoon lol

Having dissed the idea of an American remake of Utopia, I wholeheartedly recommend the US remake of House of Cards starring Kevin Spacey.

The original BBC version (together with the sequels, To Play The King and The Final Cut) is one of my favourite TV dramas ever. Ian Richardson is superb as the Machiavellian Francis Urquhart. But the US version is equally as good, Spacey doesn't try to be Urquhart, he's a whole different kind of evil, manipulative cunt. If you've not seen it and are into political dramas I recommend it :)

There's already an American tv show called Utopia :unsure: Kinda Big Brother style fuckwittery on a farm. :soap:

I didn't take to utopia, I think I watched the first 3 episodes then gave up. I might give it another go seen as I rate the opinions of most folk on here. im really struggling to get into anything at the moment, too many unfinished movies and tv shows. I need another breaking bad.

@@Shogun - I think so many of us are wanting a great show to fill the voids left by shows being finished. Gonna be a while till a 10/10 comes along though I think...

• Like 2

I didn't take to utopia, I think I watched the first 3 episodes then gave up. I might give it another go seen as I rate the opinions of most folk on here. im really struggling to get into anything at the moment, too many unfinished movies and tv shows. I need another breaking bad.

I take it that you've seen The Wire ?

How about Deadwood ?

And like I said, House of Cards is superb (both versions, the original BBC version and the American remake - I'd watch the BBC version first).