Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

No mate I had no idea thats why I asked , do you mean 'discernment' ? That makes sense in the context ( not trying to be clever I had to look it up )

Yes

• Like 1

i'd like to watch deadwood but knowing it got cancelled leaving it wide open at the end doesn't appeal to me.

Haven't found anything worthwhile since finishing breaking bad / finally giving up on the walking dead....think i might just re-watch the wire lol

i'd like to watch deadwood but knowing it got cancelled leaving it wide open at the end doesn't appeal to me.

@@callywally Watch it man, seriously. The fact that it was cancelled and so didn't have a satisfying resolution is very sad :sadwalk: but even with that it's still IMHO one of the best pieces of TV drama ever made, the acting is uniformly superb (and Ian McShane is truly brilliant, Al Swearengen is one of the great TV characters, an absolute cunt of a man but McShane invests him with such charisma that you end up liking him despite his faults. Robin Weigert is also excellent playing Calamity Jane as a shambling, alcoholic mess) and the script is utterly brilliant, the writing is of the very highest order, even the swearing (and there's a LOT of swearing) has an almost lyrical quality to it - I'm a big fan of swearing done well, it's a valuable and vibrant part of language, and Deadwood does it very well :) . Without question one of my favourite TV shows ever. Enjoy what there is of it, because there is a huge amount to enjoy, don't be put off by the cancellation, because it's a superb piece of TV even if it ends too soon - the lack of a proper ending doesn't really matter (and only really impacts on the final season, seasons 1 and 2 work by themselves).

Give season 1 a go, I'll be surprised if you don't enjoy it :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

If you want to watch something that has real dramatic impact watch The Secret Army and then Kesler. Great writing and acting.

Edited by Hir

You got the cheek to tell me to read a book, is this really your level, for fuck sake!

:unsure: Why would I suggest you read a book? :russian: Be a waste of time anyway :lookaround: looks like you haven't got the capacity to understand a few sentences. lol

:yinyang:

:unsure: Why would I suggest you read a book? :russian: Be a waste of time anyway :lookaround: looks like you haven't got the capacity to understand a few sentences. lol

@@Saddam

You forgotten your PM have you!?

Edited by Hir

Watched a bit of Suits and it's not that bad but I just end up hating all the lawyers , as a profession they are just cunts out to screw people and this is portrayed as a good thing somehow

I hated Suits, loathed all the characters apart from Mike Ross, and his transition from a decent pot dealer to a snidey lawyer left a bad taste in my mouth - selling pot is bad, mm'kay, but being a lying, money-obsessed scumbag is something to strive for :soap:

• Like 3

@@Saddam

You forgotten your PM have you!?

:rolleyes: I see, you mean 6 months ago, after you felt the need to harass me via pm? lol It would appear you're just looking for an argument (again) so I'll leave you to it buddy :) Have a nice day fella.

Forever. With Eiaon Gruffudd (hornblower)

Set in Manhatten. Bout a 200 year old dude who can't die. He works as a mortuary examiner. Helping solve crimes.

It's quite good, I like it as it's set in the big apple

@@callywally Watch it man, seriously. The fact that it was cancelled and so didn't have a satisfying resolution is very sad :sadwalk: but even with that it's still IMHO one of the best pieces of TV drama ever made, the acting is uniformly superb (and Ian McShane is truly brilliant, Al Swearengen is one of the great TV characters, an absolute cunt of a man but McShane invests him with such charisma that you end up liking him despite his faults. Robin Weigert is also excellent playing Calamity Jane as a shambling, alcoholic mess) and the script is utterly brilliant, the writing is of the very highest order, even the swearing (and there's a LOT of swearing) has an almost lyrical quality to it - I'm a big fan of swearing done well, it's a valuable and vibrant part of language, and Deadwood does it very well :) . Without question one of my favourite TV shows ever. Enjoy what there is of it, because there is a huge amount to enjoy, don't be put off by the cancellation, because it's a superb piece of TV even if it ends too soon - the lack of a proper ending doesn't really matter (and only really impacts on the final season, seasons 1 and 2 work by themselves).

Give season 1 a go, I'll be surprised if you don't enjoy it :)

alright you've convinced me, ill give it a go after i finished the wire ( again ) lol:thumsup:

• Like 1

I was going to say about Blue Murder, but i have only been able to find it on your tube. Also alot like underbelly,another good show from down under.Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms is a six-part Australian drama miniseries,all based on true events.

Edited by hashi
  • Like 1

he said "descerment"

even I understood that lol

Not to be pedantic lol but that was after an edit

I've run out of things to watch what happened to Gotham this week ?

@KingBlueRizla Just watched the first couple of eps of Fat Tony and Co. and im liking! The actor who plays Carl Williams is a legend- he can't have been as divvy as that in real life though.

As far as the coppers in Underbelly, i can barely remember any of them- a young idealistic policewoman maybe? Think the first series was shown while some of the trials were underway so they had to be vague about a few of the characters identities as well and also that they couldn't show it in Victoria at first.

@@hashi Nice one for the heads up. i got Blue Murder from the usual place where they Arrrrrr! if you catch my drift me hearty!

• Like 1

Elementary. A contemporary take on Sherlock Holmes with Johnny Lee Miller as Holmes and Lucy Lui as Watson. Obvious comparisons to Sherlock to be made but I think it's a pretty good program. Bit obvious and convenient in places but enjoyable all the same.

• Like 1