Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Just heard about a new series that premiered in the States last week on NBC. Constantine. Based on the Hellblazer comics.

Potentially could be good. Will give it a go.

Probably won't be aired in the U.K, but it's available on Lovefilm and "other online sources"

Just heard about a new series that premiered in the States last week on NBC. Constantine. Based on the Hellblazer comics.

Potentially could be good. Will give it a go.

Probably won't be aired in the U.K, but it's available on Lovefilm and "other online sources"

Watched the first episode the other night. As Saddam says it's wank. On the plus side John Constantine is actually British, so it has that above the fucking awful film with Canoe Reeves. But other than that It's a fucking piss poor attempt at Hellblazer - Constantine doesn't even fucking smoke :headpain: I doubt I'll be watching any more.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Watching episode 3 of Gotham on 5USA and I have to admit it's growing on me. Wasn't impressed with the first episode but it's getting better, and as has been mentioned the guy who plays The Penguin is very good. Oh, and Jada Pinkett Smith is fucking sexy.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

I'm loving detectorists at the mo and looking forward to Babylon on c4. There's was a pilot about a year ago and it was brilliant, IMO. I think it's directed by Danny Boyle. Saw the advert for it the other day, I think it comes out mid nov.

Gotham is the best drama on tv atm IMO. I love it. The Penguins performance just leaves me wanting more. He is amazing, even better than Danny De Vito in a strange way???

They have really nailed Gotham, for me anyway. It comes across very dark and sleazy, which is something the early films missed out on.

Jada Pinket Smith is good in places. Not so good in others. More sexy than scary.

Jim Gordon is really good also. Just an all round very well made show. Like a lot of American shows are these days.

And I couldn't post in the tv thread without bumping Workaholics. The funniest show on tv. Seriously, please everyone watch it. It's soooo funny. It's not very PC but if you take it with a pinch of salt then you should appreciate it.

Being disabled I have found a few sketches to be a tad insulting, but still give it a go, comedy gold

Gotham is good. Damn good..

I been thinking about the joker..

Hmmm.. joker is a by product of batman. So he shouldn't be brought in as full on joker character in gotham, surely...? Only way to bring him in would be pre-joker. But that sounds a bit shit eh! lol

Look forward to see where they go with this.. hope they don't fuk it up completely..

They have the ages of a few villians way off in a few parts. Still, the best show on at the mo... :)

Apparently, we will be left guessing and throughout the show we will have a few possible jokers to keep us guessing.

The comedian in ep1 was shown. But....

Too easy...

Good stuff :)

In most Joker origin stories he is originally a criminal called The Red Hood. My favourite Joker story (indeed my favourite Batman story) is Alan Moore's Batman: The Killing Joke, and in that he's originally a failed stand-up comedian who takes to petty crime to support his pregnant wife, and is duped into taking the guise of The Red Hood to act as a patsy in a robbery by Red Hood's gang. But in pretty much all the Joker origin stories his transformation into the Joker is Batman's doing (generally involving him falling into a vat of chemicals).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Aye, it's got be be one of the versions of Red Hood. And he should definitely have nothing to do with the murder of Bruce's parents (that particular version of the backstory was down to Tim Burton, and although it works for that movie, I don't think it works in general, you can't have the person the Joker formerly was creating Batman and then Batman creating the Joker, that's all a bit too convenient).

• Like 1