Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

It's getting daytime repeats and I'm enjoying it all over again (cos I loved it when I was a kid). Big fan of James Garner (loved Maverick too), he always had an easy going kind of charisma, was always really likeable :)

• Like 4

Gold rush season 5! Pure gold IMO :)

Gotham up to date episode 5 and loving it. Penguin is class

The Blacklist . Very good indeed

Workaholics is the funniest show on tv ever IMO

Z nation is shit, but also good at the same time.

Walking dead season 5 episode 2 was a bit shit. But that's just em.I think it's a victim of it's own success.

The Transporter the series. Really bad acting. But the car scenes are good. And it's funny in places. The main guy is alright tbf.

I don't bother with movies any more apart from the occasional one here and there. Tv series are much better. I prefer it when the story line grows over a year or so. Not in 2 hours.

• Like 1

Watched the first episode of Blacklist cos it was mentioned here. Fairly formulaic US show, but lifted by James Spader, he's enough to make me want to watch the next episode.

I thought Bluestone 42 was quite funny

eta Bluestone 42 is a comedy drama series about a British bomb disposal detachment in Afghanistan during Operation Herrick, first broadcast on 5 March 2013 on BBC Three. Wikipedia

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 1

When I think of the blacklist I hear James Spader in my head saying "Lizzie the answer is already telling you where he is" well that type of cryptic wording lol

Now watching Arrow. Which is ok. I'm on series 1 which obviously had a lower budget.

On a massive sweet awesome thing. The 100 is back for series 2 and the first episode was amazing. :) :) :)

This is a heads down rather than a heads up.

Saw there was a remake of Hawaii Five-0 and as I used to like that as a kid I thought I'd take a look. This is crap of the smelliest kind, total ordure. It is made, seems to me, for a generation raised on computer games. Some of the tropes and game play elements that work really well in games just look unbelievably trite and underwhelming when they are set in a drama. Watched 2 episodes to make sure I hadn't had a knee jerk reaction to the first one. The plots set up a wafer thin premise that is supposed to justify relentless and mind numbing gung ho in the last two thirds of the episode. It looks great until you realise this is a tv drama not a game. The title graphics are a direct steal from Crysis.

Edited by Hir
  • Like 2

Workaholics is the funniest show on tv ever IMO

Never heard of it but will definitely have a look , never heard of Gold Rush either , which should I watch first though ?