Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Hopefully the Walking Dead will be better this season, as the first episode was very good. We've watched the first two episodes of The Code, which is an Australian conspiracy theory drama on the BBC. So far it's been good and we'll keep watching. I've done the first couple of Gotham and I'm enjoying that too.

• Like 1

Yeah the last series was totally disconnected from the rest of the show. I was actually a bit disappointed in it.

How was it disconnected? They're just following the comics storyline after the prison fell.

It can't be constant action as it would just get boring without the slower paced stuff in between.

People complain about season 4 being slow but there was plenty of action, the governor attacked the prison with a tank, rick ripped a mans throat open with his teeth and then gutted the man who tried to rape Carl, Daryl blew up the tank with a grenade and used a walker as a bullet shield, Tyreese fought his way out of a large group of walkers with just a hammer and Lizzie looked at the flowers.

Can't believe that not many people seem to like series 4 of the walking dead, I really enjoyed it, after the first series 4 was my next favourite. Also enjoying the Strain and Forever at the mo. Peace out Square eyed Shaggy

Forgot to add the first episode of Gotham was very promising.

Edited by Shaggy Rogers
  • Like 1

Wasn't that impressed with the first episode of Gotham. I thought the dialogue was, at best, clunky which is quite surprising for Bruno Heller cos he normally writes pretty good dialogue. I also thought shoehorning so many Batman characters in right at the start was over-egging the pudding somewhat (but I guess they did it for the Batman geeks). I'll keep watching in the hope that the bad writing was just a case of first episode teething problems arising from having to introduce so many characters.

Gotham's amazing :) The fella that plays Penguin (Robin Taylor) is a fukn outstanding actor. :D The balloon man episode was quality. :yep:

Fucked off American Horror Story, overuse of the annoying, screening violins every 5 minutes :wanker: put me off. :no:

episode 2 of walking dead tonight :D

• Like 2

Currently on episode 3 of From Dusk Til Dawn. It's not great but it's watchable, more so than a lot of stuff I've tried recently, at least for the mood I'm in.

Fucking ell Jake Busey is looking more and more like his old man.

I wonder if he's as totally and utterly barking mad too lol

• Like 1

Still watching From Dusk Till Dawn. It's crap, but watchable crap. But it is another example of something about some American TV that frankly baffles me. It's got decapitations, mutilation, gallons of blood. But nobody swears and there's no nudity (even though the episode I'm on is in the strip club). Americans are weird :wacko:

Peaky Blinders

Where the fuck has that been hiding. Watched series 1 and caught right up to ep3 in series 2 all yesterday. And that is really rare for me. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 1

@@resinous palms yeah sure it was in keeping with the plot but I felt the style of production and the way I related to the characters was disconnected with previous series. Almost as though they had a guest director (which I don't think they did.) I just felt it could have been a lot more engaging. I'll get out of barry normans chair now.

Still not finished breaking bad. Seems all these series jus draw it out too much, too many boring episodes with no progression.

Now gold rush on discovery channel that's a series to watch!!

• Like 1

They really do milk it nowadays, I'm still enjoying the walking dead but I hope it doesn't drag out for so many seasons that it goes stale. Still gotta see the final season of breaking bad myself. Peace Shaggy.