Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Nice one, was wondering if it's any good myself (I'm a fan of James Spader, when he's good he's very good, I thought he was superb in the little known and rather strange movie Secretary, a film I'm very fond of, it's a kinda sadomasochistic love story), I'll queue it up for later perusal :)

It's not high brow and a little predictable and a little convenient for the sake of the storyline but I thoroughly enjoyed it a Spader is really good.

If you've not seen Secretary give it a go. It may not be to your taste, but it's the kinda film that you either like or hate, and if you like it you love it :)

• Like 3

Leonard Rossiter was a genius period. IMHO one of our greatest comic actors. There's an episode of Steptoe and Son that he's in, and it's a joy because it's got him, Harry H Corbett and Wilfrid Brambell in, that's sitcom royalty that is.

E2A There's a fourth bloke in it too, whose name I have no idea of, but he's also good in it.

Eagain2A Rising Damp also had Richard Beckinsale in it, who was, of course, Lennie Godber in the magnificent Porridge (alongside Ronnie Barker, who for me is perhaps the greates TV comic actor we have ever produced)

And of course Leonard Rossiter can't be mentioned without a tip of the hat to the brilliant Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

Anyone else watching The Strain ? got a soft spot for Guillermo del Torro's work, it started off well, but the last few eps have been a bit hit n miss.

• Like 1

Anyone else watching The Strain ? got a soft spot for Guillermo del Torro's work, it started off well, but the last few eps have been a bit hit n miss.

Keep up with it, I'm on ep 11 and enjoying it. I think it I really well made.

Also started watching Legends with Sean Bean which is a tesco value version of James Bond IMO but it's ok

And me and the Mrs are in ep 2 of season 1 of sleepy hollow which is good so far

think im gonna track down spender now, haven't seen spender since it was on the telly back in 1990.

3 episodes in and its not what I remember it to be

3 episodes in and its not what I remember it to be

Hardly surprising, coming from the man who brought us Crocodile Shoes

I prefer the piss take by The Comic Strip The TV Detectives

sadly I can`t find it on the tube

• Like 1

Hardly surprising, coming from the man who brought us Crocodile Shoes

also the man who was in auf wiedersehen pet, one of my all time favourite tv shows. if id seen crocodile shoes before spender its highly unlikely I would have ever entertained spender but it came first so i did.

Just about to start episode 6 of season 2 of Ray Donovan. I'm enjoying it, but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as season 1.

• Like 2