Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Really enjoying the first series of Rake , thanks for the heads up JH :yep: Richard Roxburgh is superb as Cleaver lol

• Like 1

have to seen the us version yet bill, its not bad but not a patch on the aussie version :yep:

Not yet JH might try it after i'm finished with the Aussie one , i've only just finished series 1 , some really funny one liners from Cleaver and Missy is a stunner, what a dirty fecker Sam Neill is eh :rofl:

Just watched, watching, a couple of HBO series. Watched John Adams, a drama that through the life of Adams plots the formation of America. Unlike a lot of American drama that tries to document it's own history this has much less rampant jingoism. It isn't as if it doesn't like itself a bit too much sometimes and doesn't become too sentimental and grand but it is non the less a fine attempt at doing genuine historical drama, with some unpleasant truths on American TV about the nature of American history.

Second HBO series is Bored To Death. Very silly, only half hour episodes, but it is brilliant, so far. It has some reverberance of Northern Exposure in it's off kilter approach. I'm so pleased to see that Ted Danson got a part that is really worth his comic talents, he waited a long time after Cheers to get this. Only a short run of three 8 episode series but HBO has a film adaptation in the pipeline.

Anyone that enjoyed the first series of Peaky Blinders will be pleased to find that a second series has been shot and will screen this Autumn. There are some sneak first previews around.

• Like 1

Just started to watch Your the worst and married they are 25mnt comedies and nice so far also the new trailer park boys -dont legalize it was coll check it out!

I'm halfway through Lost atm, had low expectations for this show but I've been pleasantly surprised so far. Ok so its not the best tv series or anything, but its better than shite like 24 and Prison Break.

@@cypher79 don't do it dude. I watched Lost from beginning to end, 6 years I watched it, got up for the last ever episode at 5am as it was broadcast when it went out in USA. It will twist your melon and leave you wanting to kill the writers with extreme prejudice.

• Like 4

@@cypher79 don't do it dude. I watched Lost from beginning to end, 6 years I watched it, got up for the last ever episode at 5am as it was broadcast when it went out in USA. It will twist your melon and leave you wanting to kill the writers with extreme prejudice.

Well I doubt it can do my head in anymore than the ending of The Sopranos lol

• Like 1