Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

The force has been raped again and the Star Wars fandom is in meltdown. lol    

An energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together

Midi-chlorians

The Whills

The force is now a thread which ties one or more to their destiny and allows users to immaculately conceive twin babies through same-sexed couples. :bag:  

• Haha 1

The Force became The Farce when The Phantom Menace was shat out, I have no fucking idea why people keep watching the shite (like I said about Marvel, if people - not you, people who pay lol - keep watching it they will just keep shitting it out).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Still makes me angry that I and many others waited patiently for nearly 16 years for new SW content and then Lucas shat out that turd. :soap:    

Mace_Windu

Slow Horses (Season 1+2)

Blue Eye Samurai 

The Boys (Seasons 1+2)

Silo 

Hijack (Idris Elba) 

Ozark (Seasons 1+2+3)

All are quality Series IMHO 👍🏾

Andor is about the best SW in ages. 

Edited by Mace_Windu

This new SW effort apparently cost $180 million and I'm having real trouble trying to figure out exactly what they spent the fucking money on.

I'm getting The Producers vibes and am almost totally convinced this 'project' is a fucking Disney tax dodge while serving as a vehicle for a lot of people to get paid. 

• Like 1

withnail
20 hours ago, Mace_Windu said:

Slow Horses (Season 1+2)

Blue Eye Samurai 

The Boys (Seasons 1+2)

Silo 

Hijack (Idris Elba) 

Ozark (Seasons 1+2+3)

All are quality Series IMHO 👍🏾

Andor is about the best SW in ages. 

Yep I really enjoyed Andor , and the 1st 2 seasons of The Mandalorian , and Wandavision and Loki from the Marvel side of things. My SW/Marvel purist friends are horrified by where the expanded universes have ended up but I think watching many of these series/films with my 2 boys, especially the younger one, makes me watch it through different , probably less cynical eyes than mine.

The end of season 2 of Mando when Luke turned up had my ( at the time ) 9 year old whooping with delight and running round the room at maximum excitement levels. It'll probably stick with him for the rest of his life. He still thinks the last 3 SW films were dogshit though !

• Like 1

Mace_Windu

The Acolyte - latest offering from SW has got off to a decent enough start. Some very good martial arts fight scenes in EP1 & 2 so far. 

• Like 1

Just started watching the trailer park boys again, cracks me up 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Started rewatching The Boys from the start since the new season has started and the first time I watched was when I was drinking so I don't really remember much of it :rolleyes: It's pretty good but one thing I do remember is Karl Urban's atrocious attempt at a cockney accent :ouch: either cast a bloody cockney (or at least someone that can do something approaching a cockney accent) or if you must cast a New Zealander change the character to a New Zealander, bad accents break the immersion.

• Haha 2

sweettooth

started the boys season 4 last night, homelander being homelander lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Batters my head (and I think shows the scary state America is in at the moment) that some people don't seem to understand that Homelander is a villain  :headpain:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

On 13/06/2024 at 19:59, Mace_Windu said:

The Acolyte

Now rated lower than the Star Wars Holiday Special on Rotten Tomatoes. lol   

• Like 1

Mace_Windu
35 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Now rated lower than the Star Wars Holiday Special on Rotten Tomatoes

It got off to a decent start (EP's 1&2) Then in EP3 suddenly the Force turned to the Thread like you previously said, which filled the fans hearts with horror & dread, causing critics to pronounce the whole show dead. 

What a complete waste of money 💰 and all our time !! 😔 

Simple Jack

Shardlake - Set during the English reformation, two of Thomas Cromwell's henchmen investigate the murder of a Crown agent in a remote monastery.

Solid acting, well paced with good historical context. The 4 hour running time is just right; thankfully they didn't do a Netflix and ruin it by smearing it over 8 hours.

Rebus - Transposes a fortysomething Rebus to the modern day . Rebus does not do a great deal of police work, preferring instead to mooch about Edinburgh looking angsty and conflicted. The drama lies with his brother, an ex- army man who decides robbing drug dealers beats the gig economy for a game of soldiers.

• Like 2

Cult Massacre: One Day in Jonestown.  Documentary about Jim Jones and the mass casualty event.

Another quality production from 72 Films.