Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

49 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

What was not to like about the show?

I just thought it was ridiculous, I'll give it another try but I'm nt holding out. Tbf I think most things are shit lol

Anyone seen dopesick? Is it any good? First 2 episodes are on tonight 

HazyDaze

Anyone watched baby reindeer?

Worth a watch if your not to scarred from past trauma! 

People found the real 'martha' on face fuk within day/s of the show hitting netflix, she's getting death threats and all sorts, sad really.

Expect a Netflix show from her side soon. 

Kin ell!  🤦‍♂️

Sent from my iphoen

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 1

monkeypig

@KC Makes sense now - to those of us that have spent/wasted many hours on the game the series has been very well received for the way it  recreated the feel of the games. I can understand how bonkers it may seem to the uninitiated !👍

• Like 2

sweettooth
1 hour ago, monkeypig said:

@KC Makes sense now - to those of us that have spent/wasted many hours on the game the series has been very well received for the way it  recreated the feel of the games. I can understand how bonkers it may seem to the uninitiated !👍

never played the game but loved the series,  can't wait for season 2. vault 31!!!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HazyDaze said:

Anyone watched baby reindeer?

Anal sex plz, Right. Now. 

• Haha 1

Watched some of Baby Reindeer, didn't finish it, just felt too uncomfortable. I think the guy who wrote and starred in it was pretty irresponsible putting this is a true story at the start and not changing character details sufficiently leading to online speculation about who the real people are (and a number of false accusations). His fictionalised tale of stalking and harassment has ended up encouraging stalking and harassment :doh:

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, gm420 said:

Anyone seen dopesick? Is it any good? First 2 episodes are on tonight 

I thought it was pretty decent, much better than the simlarly themed Painkiller. Still doesn't go far enough in showing how the drug companies (not just the Sacklers and Purdue) incentivised salesmen to bribe, cajole and threaten doctors to push opioids nor the rot at the very heart of the American profit-based 'healthcare' system that enabled it.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

The Veil. Cringeworthy espionage gubbins with Elisabeth Moss who gets to put on an English accent which is less convincing than Keanu Reeves in Bram Stoker's Dracula.  :wanker:  Don't bother

Edited by Saddam

I find it kinda funny that in a world where the ethnicity (and gender, and gender identity, and sexuality etc, etc, etc ad nauseam) of characters and the actors playing them is constantly under scrutiny it's still considered acceptable to have Americans playing English (or Scottish, Welsh or Irish) characters and putting on terrible accents :rolleyes: seems rather double standardish to me :g:

monkeypig

@Boojum What about the British invasion of Hollywood all doing yank accents?  I reckon we must send far more over than come over here surely?