Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

4 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

I’ve got a problem with the accent above the O in the title of Shogun.

English and Japanese don’t share the same alphabet,

so where the f is this accent coming from?? :wanker:

:bangin:

Look for shogun on IMDB and copy and paste the title from there mate 👍

Edited by cypo74
  • Haha 1

Shumroom

No you misunderstand me.

I’m not unable to type an o with an ō.

My complaint is about disney making up a new language lollol 

Atb

☯️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Atb

☯️

I’ll get my coat 😂

totally missed the joke there haha

ive just made a habit out of copying the titles from IMDB as I got pissed off with movies joy not finding the movies.

just a heads up, movies joy goes down now n then but usually back up and running in a day or two, been using it for a couple of years now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/03/2024 at 16:50, Shumroom said:

No you misunderstand me.

I’m not unable to type an o with an ō.

Atb

☯️

Can't blame Disney mate, the original series and the book were the same.

• Like 1

Shumroom

I never noticed it before lol

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

The 80s version was good for its time but this effort is on a whole new level, the attention to detail in costume design, architecture, props, and even the mannerisms, protocols, conduct and respect within the hierarchy written into the screenplay are just fucking amazing. The casting is superb, Hiroyuki Sanada brings a level of authenticity you rarely see in productions these days,  I've always thought the man's acting is next-level and everything he's in is improved just by his presence on screen so maybe I'm biased.

Anna Sawai, Cosmo Jarvis, Lewis Ferreira, Néstor Carbonell (another LOST legend) and the whole cast are taking this really seriously and seizing the opportunities to deliver some properly epic scenes. 

I think Mr. Clavell would be overly impressed with this epic rendition of his epic tale. 

Hulu or FX, don't mention the D word. :schmoll:  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Saddam said:

The casting is superb, Hiroyuki Sanada brings a level of authenticity you rarely see in productions these days,  I've always thought the man's acting is next-level and everything he's in is improved just by his presence on screen so maybe I'm biased.

I picked up a load of Sonny Chiba blu-rays recently. I was surprised to see Hiroyuki Sanada's name on more than one them. Had no idea his career went back as far as the 60s/70s samurai movies. Top actor for sure. 

I'm looking forward to the new Shogun series. Always enjoyed the original. It's where my user name came from. I was watching the box set when I signed up here 20 years ago.

• Like 3

Pot of soil

Saw that under the netflix new releases yesterday but thought no I'll save it for tonight.  Remember seeing a trailer a while back for it with vinny Jones as one of the characters.  Hopefully it's good

On 04/03/2024 at 16:37, cypo74 said:

Forgot to say, anyone wanting to watch shogun on moviesjoy.mx

Thanks for the heads up on this 👍

When do they update the next episodes, please? I've watched 1 & 2. Leaving 3 in obeyance, till I see what the schedule's to be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pot of soil said:

Saw that under the netflix new releases yesterday but thought no I'll save it for tonight.  Remember seeing a trailer a while back for it with vinny Jones as one of the characters.  Hopefully it's good

Watched two episodes so far, Vinnie plays the gamekeeper

if you like Guy Ritchie's stuff you'll probably enjoy it 👍

Flamedodger
4 hours ago, Pot of soil said:

It’s a spin off from the film of the same name, if you haven’t seen it, I’d recommend watching first 👍🏼

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chal said:

Thanks for the heads up on this 👍

When do they update the next episodes, please? I've watched 1 & 2. Leaving 3 in obeyance, till I see what the schedule's to be.

`Episode 3 is there now.......... Although, now you have to type 'shogun' without the accent over the O, FFS, changes daily lol 

Just now, cypo74 said:

Now you have to type 'shogun' without the accent over the O, FFS, changes daily lol 

Yeah, I have 3 up. I'm just wondering, is it like a weekly thing, where they give us a weekly new episode. I like to wait and binge. Just wary of a 'Deadwood 2' happening 😬

Accents? Mine's a weird fucker! 😂 Naah. I've just Bookmarked the page! 😎

3 minutes ago, Chal said:

is it like a weekly thing

Yup, comes out every Monday, so probably have to wait a day for it to hit moviesjoy

• Thanks 1