Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

10 minutes ago, Boojum said:

The BBC have resurrected Gladiators

“Go back to bed, America. Your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control again. Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed, America. Here is American Gladiators. Here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!”

― Bill Hicks

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching the US version of The Killing. I preferred the original Danish one.

• Like 1

A History Of Ancient Britain

It's on the Iplayer, Neil Oliver presenting. I know you lot hate the BBC and I think Neil gets some hate (for some reason or other) but this series has been superb. A must watch if you're into history like myself. I thought the one on Orkney Britains ancient capital was good, but this is even better.

Go on treat yourselves :naughty:

24 minutes ago, KC said:

A History Of Ancient Britain

It's on the Iplayer, Neil Oliver presenting. I know you lot hate the BBC and I think Neil gets some hate (for some reason or other) but this series has been superb. A must watch if you're into history like myself. I thought the one on Orkney Britains ancient capital was good, but this is even better.

Go on treat yourselves :naughty:

He gets flak because he talks utter shit, most recently peddling conspiraloon nonsense like 'turbo cancer' on GB News (and Orkney was never Britain's capital, ancient or otherwise, he's full of shit). Sorry dude, no offence meant to you, I just can't stand him, he's the worst kind of 'historian' twisting things to suit his own worldview.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Orkney was never Britain's capital

I think they just mean it's where things started such as stone circles, they predate Stonehenge by quite a bit. They seemed to have worked their way down the country as opposed to the common thought that the mainland was where it all started.

No offense taken mate, I'm lucky I don't really look at much media, I heard about him getting a lot of stick during covid as he was coming out with some nonsense but I just stick to the history side of it. I doubt you'd enjoy it if you can't stand him as it's pretty much just him episode after epidose.

Do give the Orkney one a try though if you're into hostory, there are other presenters on there too so you don't have to put up with him too much.Dr Shini Somara is on there, makes it worth a watch alone lol

• Like 2

Anything with Dr Alice Roberts in. The Amazing Human Journey is particularly good 👍🏼 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Boojum said:

He gets flak because he talks utter shit, most recently peddling conspiraloon nonsense like 'turbo cancer' on GB News (and Orkney was never Britain's capital, ancient or otherwise, he's full of shit). Sorry dude, no offence meant to you, I just can't stand him, he's the worst kind of 'historian' twisting things to suit his own worldview.

He wrote a book I read years ago before he went all David Icke, British Heroes or something. I only bought it for the story about the Penlee lifeboat, but there were some other good ones. People change I guess 🤷‍♂️

I was a fan of Law and Order (the original one, not special victims unit), the ones with Jerry Orbach as Lenny Briscoe, gave the recently resurrected series a look, it's fucking terrible, the writing is atrocious (something I think it used to do well). 

Truelove on ITV is imho well worth a watch. Only four episodes but a great story well presented

Ted - prequel series to the movies 

And

Still persevering with the new series of Oak Island, Gold Rush and Blind Frog 

Aaaand I tried watching the new series of Frasier with Nicholas Lyndhurst but I don't think I'll be doing that again lol

Currently watching Wayne on the channel 4 streaming thingy. Comedy drama from the writers of the Deadpool movies about a teenage sociopath who can't let wrongs go unrighted, occasionally bloodily violent, blackly comic with some moments that genuinely made me laugh out loud, but also some genuine feeling, may not be to everyone's taste but I'm really enjoying it, shame it was cancelled after just the one season.

E2A The Boston (or should that be Bastan) accent is just fucking horrible lol I'd say it ties with South African as my least favourite accent.

Edited by Boojum

57 minutes ago, Boojum said:

it ties with South African as my least favourite accent

Twice last year I asked someone if they were from New Zealand and they said no, South Africa. Is it just me? I can't tell the difference lol

Masters of the Air.   War drama following the actions of the 100th Bomb Group aka The Bloody Hundredth due to the heavy losses they suffered in WWII combat missions. 

A companion series to go with Band of Brothers and The Pacific. 

Produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg.  :notworthy:

Edited by Saddam

Gave Reacher season 2 a look, couldn't make it past the first episode, absolute garbage. I seem to remember enjoying season1 but I can't actually remember anything about it, but I was still drinking at the time which may explain both my enjoying it and my inability to remember any of it lol

Enjoyed the lastest season of Fargo, though :)

• Like 2