Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

4 minutes ago, Shogun said:

The original one mate

So , my take is you can never feed a Mogwai because it's always after midnight. Maybe I'm just the best kind of correct -  technically correct:)

It's finally dawned on TV station executives that Gremlins is a Christmas movie. It's everywhere this year.

When we were younger, out out, clubbing and doing all nighters on pills and powders, it wasn't tomorrow until 5am or you had been asleep and then woken up; maybe that's the key

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently watching Narcos, just finished season 2. While I'd say that it's good in TV drama terms (and as a TV drama, not a documentary, it takes a lot of liberties with the actual facts - I was very surprised that in all the real evil shit they showed about Escobar they shied away from the fact that he was a paedophile who raped countless underaged girls then had them murdered) it still makes the mistake of taking the viewpoint of the DEA agents (and so the whole worldview of the narrating character is that the 'war on drugs' is a good and necessary thing and not the actual truth that the 'cocaine problem', just like pretty much every other 'drug problem' was caused by the USA and their meddling and worsened by their unwinnable war).

My Daemon :wub:  To save his mother, a boy and his pet daemon go on a mission across post-apocalyptic Japan. Fucking amazing :notworthy:   

Slow Horses - gotta love a bit of Gary Oldman. 3 seasons in now with a 4th on the way. Easy to watch, fun dialogue from Gazza.

• Like 1

@Boojum I know I'm a bit late to the party. And, amazingly, I haven't read through 283 fucking pages! :D But .....

Have ye seen " Spooks "? Came out in 2002 ~ 11. BBC production ~ But, for gods sake don't hold That against it!

I won't bang on. Just to say, it's amazing how, back Then, they were openly rubbing our noses in what shit governments pull! Nothing's Changed!

I'm no good at all this finding shit on line stuff. I have the entire lot, in boxed sets, on my shelf. (Along with The Sopranos  and The Wire)

Nicola Walker?  :wub:  :notworthy:

On 14/01/2014 at 10:53 PM, BigJohnny said:

Oz is pretty good.

As is the first few series of Spooks.

Orange Is The New Black is a good N'flix series.

Utopia is OK

Luther is awesome.

Weeds up to series 3 is good.

Bored to Death and Eastbound And Down are good comedies.

It's Alway Sunny In Philadelphia is all kinds of funny.

A quick search shows that Spooks was mentioned waaay back on page 5 lol 

Just finished Obliterated on the flixNet :D

Stupid funny,

not great but worth watching if you’ve got the time to spare :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

Mr. Bates Vs The Post Office. Binge watching it tonight, superb acting.

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 1

I'm about to watch that. Gave The Winter King a go, utter garbage, as bad as the awful spinoff of The Last Kingdom that Netflix shat out last year. Bad acting, bad casting, bad writing, bad set design, bad costumes. How not to do a Bernard Cornwell adaptation. Sharpe it ain't :nea:

• Like 1

On 10/01/2024 at 11:02 AM, Boojum said:

Winter King

I'd been waiting months to watch that but yes it's shit. I managed to watch them all though lol

Everyone is raving about Fool Me Once on Netflix, there's only one good thing about it and that's the very attractive lady who is in it. I thought that was shit too :nope:

• Like 1

Boy Swallows the Universe (Netflix)

Australian drug dealing drama starring the dude that played Ragnar Lothbrok on Vikings. I randomly put this on last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's set in 1983 and centred round a 10 year old kid living in the Oz suburbs who starts helping his dad deal heroin. I'm gonna binge watch the whole series this wknd, really liked this one. So far it's comedy but I feel it's building to something dark.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Finished Mr Bates vs The Post Office. Thought it was decent, well acted (particularly by the always excellent Toby Jones and Monica Dolan). One thing that struck me about the TV show and the fallout from it, though - there's national outrage but pretty much an identical show could have been made about the benefit system, the ATOS scandal, the way people have been lied to as a matter of policy, have had their benefits sanctioned, been persecuted in court etc, something that has affected FAR more people (with far more suicides as a result). Something that I think is a far bigger scandal, a far bigger miscarriage of justice and is still going on. Probably wouldn't get the same reaction (particularly in the right-wing gutter press) because it's 'benefit scroungers' not nice, middle class people, though, and they don't matter :sadwalk:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shogun said:

I'm gonna binge watch the whole series this wknd,

followed your lead, and took advantage of the boy going to his mums yesterday to watch the whole thing. Really enjoyed it.

Edited by monkeypig

back on netflix after years of not bothering, but my little dog wants company on the couch so i'm only doing this for her lol

i gave Happy another go now i don't drink so much and loved it, in fact it's fucking mental  lol

just finished Inside Job, imaginative cartoon about the illuminati and the deep state, very sharp

tried IT crowd, but it got on my nerves by episode 3

now rewatching Dirk Gently, again, because i don't drink like i did back then i can follow it much better, and it's edge of your seat stuff!

Not a suggestion, merely an exasperated observation. The BBC have resurrected Gladiators (which was embarrassingly naff even in the 1990s) :headpain: glad I stopped paying the license fee, if it's not government propaganda masquerading as 'news' it's the kind of populist shite that ITV churns out. Battling to be the lowest common denominator, hardly Reithian principles:nea:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1