Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I'm enjoying Penny Dreadful too but then I do enjoy reading Victorian literature. However I can understand how it's not to everyone's taste :)

Really? id give it an 7-8 out of 10 with Metacritic giving it 71% Rotten tomatoes 79% IDMB 8.6.

Ive found it to be one of the better TV shows on atm, but there isnt much good on atm apart from Crossbones.

Bloody sites lagging out for me and posting thing x3.

Just didn't do it for me. I'm a massive fan of horror literature and Kim Newman is a particular favourite of mine, he's done the Victorian horror with characters from various stories of the period, and done it a lot better. And Alan Moore did it in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (the graphic novel, NOT to be confused with the awful film of the same name) also a lot better. I just thought it wasn't particularly original and not very well written. But it's all down to personal taste, one man's meat is another man's poison :)

This site is seeping into my subconscious... felt compelled to return to this thread because in my previous posts i failed to mention.......

Archer

Without doubt one of the funniest shows on at the moment. if you have not seen it make an effort to do so - you will not be disappointed.

And whilst thinking about animated shows - Rick & Morty is def worth a gander too!

Right... back to work

• Like 1

I'm enjoying Penny Dreadful too but then I do enjoy reading Victorian literature. However I can understand how it's not to everyone's taste :)

the first 4 episode were amazing but I`m struggling to get past the 6th after 5/6 being so slow

• Like 1

Wild Palms

Mini Series by Oliver Stone. Can't remember much, set slightly in the future,(now some of these things are becoming a reality) where people are spending time in virtual reality which is being manipulated by corporate media. From a comic strip by Bruce Wagner.

• Like 1

Guest Theokoles

The Green Wing (2004-2006) Hilarious wacky comedy :)

..did i mention Spartacus the mini series :execute:

• Like 3

Just finished watching season 1 of Rectify. I thought it was very good, and I thought Aden Young was excellent as the man/boy who has been in prison and on death row since he was a child and so doesn't understand how to connect emotionally with the world outside.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

utopia, took me a while to get around to watching the first series but fuck me, thats some warped shit, excellent viewing if you like sinister story lines & multiple body counts :yep:

• Like 3