Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

41 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

Finished Schitt's Creek. One of the best TV series ever. Congrats The Levy's. Fabulous stuff

I might give that another go , I only watched a bit and thought it was OK but not amazing

8 hours ago, Degsy said:

I might give that another go , I only watched a bit and thought it was OK but not amazing

Give it another go Degsy. I was sceptical at first but after a few episodes, the characters really grow on you and it was one of the only series we laughed through every episode. 

• Like 2

I'll have to give Schitt's Creek another go too, watched the first few episodes but didn't really get into it.

I'm currently watching Justified: City Primeval. Note to the people who made the ill-judged decision to revive Dexter (the reboot was better than the truly awful final season of the first run but that's not saying much), THIS is how to reboot a popular TV show. I like Timothy Olyphant, he's got a bit of that laid-back charisma that kinda reminds me a little of the late, great James Garner and it's nice to see Raylan Givens back, like meeting up with an old friend :) 

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Boojum said:

I'll have to give Schitt's Creek another go too, watched the first few episodes but didn't really get into it.

I'm currently watching Justified: City Primeval. Note to the people who made the ill-judged decision to revive Dexter (the reboot was better than the truly awful final season of the first run but that's not saying much), THIS is how to reboot a popular TV show. I like Timothy Olyphant, he's got a bit of that laid-back charisma that kinda reminds me a little of the late, great James Garner and it's nice to see Raylan Givens back, like meeting up with an old friend :) 

You'll love it Booj. The pace and writing is top notch. The characters are fantastic and as it's basically set in the Motel and the town you get really involved.

We are now starting to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm. I know it's old but we have never watched it. 4 episodes in and I like it already

Watched the first season of American Horror Story. Utter garbage, but what kinda stood out was US network TV's very peculiar brand of puritanism - it's OK to show gratuitous violence, but not women's breasts (especially bizarre in a show that features so much sex and sexual violence). The USA is a country with some very strange (and troubling) attitudes.

Edited by Boojum

Dr. Death (2021): Almost unbelievable, gut wrenching true story of a clearly psychopathic surgeon, who leaves a trail of maimed and dead patients as he butchers his way across Texas until Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater, as the surgeons who finally stop him, fight their way through the completely dysfunctional and entirely profit based US medical system for several years. Makes the NHS look utopian.

If you still have the stomach for it, there's a documentary series, Dr. Death: The Undoctored Story (2021) covering it's reality.

• Like 1

That was on Channel 4 recently, I was gonna do my usual thing and wait for it to finish then watch it all cos I'm a binge watcher, but they took the earlier episodes down before the series had finished :frown: (I assume they didn't pay to stream it for long enough). I guess I'll have to watch an, erm, less official source :pugwash::wassnnme:

On a similar note regarding the appalling US profit-based 'healthcare' system and the damage it causes I've just started watching Dopesick, about the opioid crisis in the US (I already know the facts, I've read a lot about it). As with all 'factual' dramas it's fictionalised in part, scenes/chaacters 'created for dramatic purposes' etc but an episode in, taking it as just a TV drama, it's pretty decent so far.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

added Dopesick to my watch list, thanks for that. Already watched the Painkiller series which also covers the crisis and the Sackler family, all of whom sadly, still remain unincarcerated and breathing the evil cunts.

Binge watching definately my choice too, particularly as age (errr maybe weed too) appears to be limiting my ability to hold a plot in my head for a couple of weeks :skin_up:

Dopesick is the better of the two, not even sure why Painkiller was green-lit, it's basically exactly the same story, beat for beat.  

C*A*U*G*H*T :soap: Australian 'comedy' about some soldiers getting caught by militia and being held as hostages. Pure garbage apart from the koala scene which was pretty hilarious. 

Edited by Saddam

The Ahsoka finale managed to descend to a whole new level of suckage in the Star Wars universe, we now have spells which can manifest solid weapons in the form of flaming swords and zombie stormtroopers. lol  

You couldn't make it up. :lookaround:    

• Like 1

Why do you inflict it on yourself though @Saddam?

You could always just not watch all the 3rd rate Star Wars spinoffs

Edited by Degsy

I'm a member of the rebel alliance and do my part by watching the $100 million spent by Disney, not on their app but on a free streaming service. :yep:  

Fuck the empire. lol  

• Like 4