Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I'll often ignore new programs when they first arrive,

as they are usually hyped up beyond belief.

I just found Disenchantment quite recently,

so I've been watching that :yep:

I've also recently started watching Cowboy Bebop :thumsup:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Snowfall , I watched season 1 when it came out and stopped watching for some reason.

Watched from the start again and I'm on season 3 now and really enjoying it.

• Like 2

On 09/09/2023 at 11:41 PM, Degsy said:

Snowfall , I watched season 1 when it came out and stopped watching for some reason.

Watched from the start again and I'm on season 3 now and really enjoying it.

I thought it was really good (and a killer soundtrack, particularly season 1).

On a similar theme I'm currently watching Underbelly on Amazon Prime, Australian 'true crime' drama, each season focusing on different figures in the Australian criminal undeerworld, just finishd season 2 about 'Aussie Bob' and 'Kiwi Terry'. Not as high production values and stuff as Snowfall, but a decent enough watch (E2A and it's fun spotting the former Neighbours, Home and Away and The Young Doctors actors from when I was a kid lol )..

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

Addendum to the above cos it's too late to edit it, th soundtrack of Underbelly is nowhere near as good as th soundtrack to Snowfall lol Aussie pop music of the period was fucking awful lollollol

On 9/13/2023 at 2:56 PM, Boojum said:

I thought it was really good (and a killer soundtrack, particularly season 1).

On a similar theme I'm currently watching Underbelly on Amazon Prime, Australian 'true crime' drama, each season focusing on different figures in the Australian criminal undeerworld, just finishd season 2 about 'Aussie Bob' and 'Kiwi Terry'. Not as high production values and stuff as Snowfall, but a decent enough watch (E2A and it's fun spotting the former Neighbours, Home and Away and The Young Doctors actors from when I was a kid lol )..

Have you seen Mr Inbetween ?

Apologies if you were the one who recommended it 3 pages back lol

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Degsy said:

Mr Inbetween is brilliant. Must give it a re-watch. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Degsy said:

I'll give it a look.

• Like 1

The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon. I thought it was going quite well, the first episode was a much better effort than any of the other WD spin-offs, but after watching the second episode it appears the writers have lifted Ellie's storyline from The Last of Us.  I hope not. 

Edited by Saddam

Mrs Davis : Weird, science-fictiony thing, difficult to describe, erm.. a global artificial intelligence trying to trick a nun, who is fucking Jesus Christ in his burrito restaurant, into finding the holy grail. No, I'm not making that up.

Great fun but unfortunately it's on Peacock so you'll have to VPN to the US...or download the torrent, like I may have done

11 hours ago, Shaunx said:

burrito restaurant

*Falafel. :) Probably because there's no meat in falafel. Mrs Davis was awesome though, I thought Arthur Schrodinger and the cat stuff was brilliant. lol 

Re-watching Stranger Things again because there's nothing new to watch at the moment, overall this show is really well written and produced. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Saddam said:

*Falafel. :) Probably because there's no meat in falafel. Mrs Davis was awesome though, I thought Arthur Schrodinger and the cat stuff was brilliant. lol 

Re-watching Stranger Things again because there's nothing new to watch at the moment, overall this show is really well written and produced. 

I stand corrected and it was brilliant.

If you're stuck, a couple of recommendations..

The Bear: A young chef from the fine dining world returns to Chicago to run his family's sandwich shop. Fast paced with very believable characters. One episode is actually shot in a single take.

Painkiller : dramatizes the Oxycontin crisis in the US and the hateful Sackler family behind it

and some light relief, The Duchess : Katherine Ryan is hilarious and wonderfully irreverent

• Like 1

Ahsoka :soap: The force cringe is strong with this one. lol  

Here's an actual quote from episode 5  'A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..' :russian:   

Plus they have Crab People now, sorry Disney but South Park did it years ago. lol   

• Like 1

The Continental. John Wick spin-off series centred on the infamous hotel for assassins, it's set in the 70s and follows the escapades of a young Winston Scott. 

Starring Mel Gibson. 

First episode wasn't too bad. :)  

• Like 1