Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Gave up on The Witcher, didn't even finish 3 episodes. lol I can see why Henry left, the writing's fucking awful now, and yet again we see another well-loved IP being destroyed by people who probably haven't even played any of the games. 

Let's face it, the only good thing about The Witcher series was Henry. lol  

Went and re-watched The Legend of Vox Machina instead, cracking. 

:pitchfork:    

Edited by Saddam

Movie heads up. The Incident is on Talking pictures Tv at half 11 tonight. Its a gritty as fuck indie crime movie from 1967 filmed on the New York subways. Martin Sheens first movie. I highly recommend it.

Edit cause I got the time wrong

Edited by Shogun

• 3 weeks later...

The Beiderbecke Affair. Classic 1980s comedy drama written by Alan Plater and starring James Bolam and Barbara Flynn. Free on ITVX. Wonderful stuff :D

• Like 1

We've just started watching re-runs of "Benidorm"...just as hysterically awful as first time round...:rofl:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boojum said:

The Beiderbecke Affair. Classic 1980s comedy drama written by Alan Plater and starring James Bolam and Barbara Flynn. Free on ITVX. Wonderful stuff :D

All 3 series are fabulous, they are all on youtube :yep:

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

We've just started watching re-runs of "Benidorm"...just as hysterically awful as first time round...:rofl:

It's shockingly bad but incredibly moreish lol

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hiphip said:

All 3 series are fabulous, they are all on youtube :yep:

I remember them from when I was a kid :) Was looking on ITVX for summat to watch, all 3 are on that :) (curiously there are no ad breaks in them, at least in the couple I've watched, which is nice). Much better than most of the stuff that's on it from now.

Always liked James Bolam (didn't like The Likely Lads, but that's cos I can't stand Rodney Bewes) and I had a schoolboy crush on Barbara Flynn :bag:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

"My Family" is another we're following again, very funny with a clever script, the timing and chemistry is spot on as well...:yep:

Just now, Hiphip said:

@stu914 The middle child is Ben Dovers son :yep:

The middle one's the girl, Janey...Nick is the eldest, Mikey youngest...:yep:

It's the kid from Outnumbered that's Ben Dover's son (I thought Outnumbered was good, I thought My Family was absolute garbage).

• Like 2

Just now, Boojum said:

It's the kid from Outnumbered that's Ben Dover's son (I thought Outnumbered was good, I thought My Family was absolute garbage).

ah, got my situational comedy series which are family orientated mixed up :wallbash:lol

• Like 2

On 26/07/2023 at 11:46 PM, Boojum said:

It's the kid from Outnumbered that's Ben Dover's son

I did not know that about the boy. The history makes interesting reading. Cheers.