Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Poker Face. Sort of detective show featuring a main character that always knows when someone is lying. It's better than it sounds, daft but entertaining and starring the IMHO always excellent Natasha Lyonne. Silly but fun turn your brain off telly. It's been likened to Columbo but I think it's got more in common with shows like The Fugitive, The Time Tunnel, The Incredible Hulk, Highway to Heaven, The Littlest Hobo, Quantum Leap etc, the old formula of a character who is constantly on the move due to some circumstance giving a wider narrative which links the episodes, but each episode is a separate story in which the character arrives somewhere new, helps the people they meet before moving on again. E2A Though the opening titles are absolutely a nod and wink to Columbo.

Edited by Boojum

@Saddam been watching the silo too. One of those (most) mystery shows where it’s better not knowing than the show explaining it and it’s a load of shite

where did you get the spoiler from? Wasn’t obvious to me lol 

watching yellow jackets too, it’s so slow but finding it interesting. About Survival and trauma and adapting to new environments I guess. 

Watching From too. Another mystery. But again reckon when they actually explain it it will be crap.

watched purge season 2. Enjoyed that although pretty gorey

On 09/05/2022 at 11:02 PM, AnonyMice said:

Anyone seen Money Heist on Netflix? 

Best series I’ve ever watched. I can’t even describe it. Bank heists, manipulating the police, entire government and always being 5 steps ahead... all planned by a real intelligent nerdy fella that hires criminals on the run with nothing to live for for the job. 

Gutted when the last series ended. 

I watched series 1 and 2 which were great...I was a bit reluctant to start season 3 because 2 had a kind of natural closure and it was difficult to see how it might go forward without being a clunky cash-in on the success of the first two..but I hold my hand up...I was mistaken...I'm half-way through season 3 and it's at least as good as the preceding 2 seasons if not better..

• Like 1

On 12/05/2023 at 0:41 PM, Hiphip said:

The lucozade which was in a glass bottle with orange crinkly wrapping :yep:lol

Cheers :smokin:

Fuk me i forgot about that.. im so fuking stoned half the time shit changes before my eyes and I just dont see it :eek:

Started watching 'Inside Man' the other night. And that's where it stops.

All star cast, but I got throughly annoyed with it and I doubt I'll continue. Just a wasted hour.

• Like 1

Aye, it was absolute fucking garbage (like most of the other crap that Steven Moffat has shat out, I really can't understand his popularity, Sherlock was particularly shit, if you want a good pastiche on the characters Kim Newman's Moriarty: The Hound of the D'Urbervilles is well worth a read :) as is everything else he's written, big fan of his).

E2A And the 'pay the rapist' joke was stolen from an episode of QI.

Edited by Boojum

Watching into the night. Suns killing people so they have to keep flying into the night to stay alive. 

it’s dubbed. Only a few eps in but a bit of action and decent pace 

• 2 weeks later...

Joe Pickett.  I've just watched season one and thought it was excellent. Love it when you find a hidden gem amongst all the chaff.

:yep:    

The Full Monty series. :soap: Absolutely fucking awful, so cringeworthy it was like watching an 8 hour episode of Last of the Summer Wine. 

The only good thing about it was Paul Barber's story, a story which has already been told better  in Boys from the Black Stuff, Bread, Only Fools, and practically every UK soap opera.

Embarrassing. 

• Like 1

On 30/05/2023 at 0:13 AM, AnonyMice said:

@Billy2Hats wow it’s been an entire year. I might rewatch it lol it keeps getting better man

Just finished it....absolutely exhilarating...more twists than Chubby Checker belted out in a lifetime...thoroughly enjoyed it...so many ingredients in the mix...drama, action, politics, nail-biting tension..I have to admit it completely surpassed my expectations...bella ciao..:yep:

• 2 weeks later...

Hijack.  What a load of fucking bollocks episode 1 was. Pure shite.

I'm beginning to think Idris Elba would happily gargle on a donkey's gonads if you offered him enough money. 

The 'bullet' shown at 14:42 is clearly a blank which immediately takes you out of the experience.

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1