Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Unicorn Warriors Eternal :D Another animated masterpiece by Genndy Tartakovsky. :notworthy:    

Silo - :soap:  More predictable and poorly written sci-fi based on a lame premise. A bunch of folks have been living in a silo for over 130 years because the Earth's fucked. 

If a bunch of people were trapped in a silo for 130+ years, they certainly wouldn't be readily drinking whisky which was bottled before they were trapped. 

It's obvious that an evil Ai is running the show, it's camera's sensor outside even looks like HAL 9000. The Ai doesn't want to become redundant so it maintains it's power over the people by erasing their history and giving the illusion that the outside is barren and toxic to life by distorting the camera's image and then it poisons the air-supplies of any people who want to go or are forced to go outside.  

Have watched all 8 episodes of "Colin from Accounts". Well paced, well acted Aussie comedy. It was excellent. 

• Like 1

Been watching Shetland. OK, it's crap but it's undemanding crap and the locations are stunningly beautiful. But Sandy has to be the most inept cop in the history of TV detective dramas, how he keeps his job is a mystery since he commits at least one major (plot point) fuck-up every storyline lol

• Like 1

lol I quite liked Shetland, each episode is a bit like the start to the Simpsons, where you wonder what coloured jean/jumper combo Jimmy Perez will be cutting about in this week. He must’ve bought a bumper pack on a mainland visit to M&S. 

• Like 1

Silo - Episode 3 was basically ruined by more poorly researched writing - Let's cool down a red hot steel plate under immense pressure  with cold water from a hosepipe, then we'll let the audience watch a massive steam turbine spin up with the side pressure casings off. lol  

Some good actors are in this shite too, shame really. 

Mrs Davis - This show is absolutely amazing, the way they've combined science and religion then woven it into such a crazy story is testament to what can be done if your writers are top-notch. :notworthy:  We meet Arthur Schroedinger,  a physicist with a pet cat, his home is full of cat themed objects such as cat print curtains, a cat bedcover, cat crockery, cat posters, cat paintings, etc. Arthur doesn't actually like cats, it's just his colleagues think it's hilarious to keep buying him cat themed merchandise because he's a physicist named Schroedinger, they even bought him the pet cat. lol  

Episode 5 is a master class in how to deliver tonnes of exposition in a creative and entertaining manner. 

Give this show a go, it's on Peacock and is fucking brilliant. 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1

Crown Court on Youtube :yep:

Some incredible actors broke their teeth on this and it is quite fascinating looking back..

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 2

It's also on Talking Pictures TV in the afternoon :)

Remember watching it as a nipper when I was off school ill lol Crown Court and a big bottle of Lucozade lol

On 3/28/2023 at 5:42 PM, Boojum said:

Currently watching season 2 of Barry after bingeing season 1. Love it, particularly the lampooning of acting classes cos I kinda grew up around theatre people cos my mum worked in the theatre (Henry Winkler is just a joy, as is Anthony Carrigan :D ).

I'm really enjoying this , never heard of it before , not sure why , well worth a watch

• Like 1

Ghosts (the original, not the US version, haven't seen that and don't particularly want to :nea: ). I loved Horrible Histories (even though it was aimed at kids lol I'm a kid at heart) and it's the same cast. One of the few comedy shows of recent years (the aforementioned Barry is another) that actually makes me laugh (the caveman ghost cracks me up :D ).

• Like 1

Gave FROM a look. You can tell it's by the people who made Lost, the same kind of vague, ill thought out plotting and cod philosophy masquerading as 'mystery'  :soap:

Edited by Boojum