Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

On 08/02/2023 at 6:49 PM, kal17117 said:

A friend at work recommended 1899.

4 episodes in and I'm liking it. :yep:

outstanding 

German... had my mind racing till the last 2 episodes but unfortunately the deciders at Netflix dropped it.

Edited by Dank Dad

Fortress Britain is on the telly later 20:35 on channel 4 (does anyone watch normal tv now??) All about William the Conqueror this episode. 

Alice Roberts is on it btw :wub:

• Like 2

Yeah I still watch broadcast TV :) 

But most of the time I’ll record it so I can ffwd any adverts.

I see there’s another Derren Brown event on ch4 23rd April at 9pm

I’m also following Taskmaster even though I can’t stand Greg Davies lol

New series record set for ‘A cut above’ on History ch,

folk making stuff with chainsaws :wassnnme:

I haven’t started watching yet but I’ve started recording ’Colin from accounts’ on BBC2

The 24hrs of Le Mans on two wheels starts later today :taz:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Our Friends in the North. I remember when it was first on (can't remember if I watched it or not lol too much cider under the bridge :rolleyes: but I remember there being loads of hype and reviewers saying "One of the best TV dramas ever." and shit). Gotta say I wasn't impressed, the stories of the main characters, although set against the backdrop of major events in British political history, were pretty inconsequential and some of the Newcastle accents were shockingly bad. Massively overrated.

Currently watching The Great, which I'm enjoying immensely :)

Series 2 of The Curse. I just love Tom Davis as Big Mick, he makes me smile every time he says anything :D

• Like 2

The original BBC House of Cards is on the iPlayer at the moment :)

Absolutely superb TV, so much better than the American remake. Wiith the added bonus that Ian Richardson, although brilliantly nasty as Urquhart, isn't a sexual predator in real life...

• Like 1

Mrs. Davis. A nun vows to destroy the powerful ai responsible for breaking up her convent, it's fucking brilliant but I'm not altogether convinced it isn't just one subliminal advertisement for British Knights. lol    

The product placement is so blatant it's actually funny. lol Brilliant series so far, very irreverent with some proper lol and wtf moments.  

The storyville documentary bout the Attica prison riot on the iPlayer is worth a watch.

Just found an Australian comedy/drama from 2010 called Spirited on the free Amazon Prime (it's supposed to be free with adverts but I've watched a couple of episodes with no adverts :unsure: but I'm not complaining :) ), about an Australian dentist who discovers she's moved in with the ghost of a 1980s English punk. Never heard of it before but I'm enjoying it, it's got Matt King as the ghost, basically doing what Matt King does (which is fine by me cos I find him very amusing :) ). Much better than a lot of shit I've tried watching recently, strange I've never heard of it before.

E2A It's also got the actress who plays Peter's bonkers aunt in The Great, which I watched recently and wondered to myself who she is and why I can't remember having seen her in anything else, cos she's excellent in that. Funny how that often happens, I'll see an actor I don't recognise in summat and enjoy their performance and suddenly I see them in other stuff :)

Edited by Boojum