Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Most overrated TV show ever made. I didn't even bother getting to the end of the first season.

Edited by Boojum

On 3/9/2023 at 5:24 PM, Boojum said:

Most overrated TV show ever made. I didn't even bother getting to the end of the first season.

Actually I never really liked it that much but watching again it's very good

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Keye said:

Where are you watching it @Degsy?

I only see clips of it on YT; that and Boardwalk Empire. Is that any good, does anyone know?

I just 'illegally' download most stuff I watch (torrents) , never watched Boardwalk Empire

• Like 1

True Detective 2 is good, very good. It got slated because it is nothing like the first season thematically or stylistically. They should have called it something else.

Boardwalk Empire is well worth a watch. It does take liberties with history, but broadly speaking it is an enlightening insight into a pivotal era of America.

I have been watching Party Down from 2010 originally (a third series has just come out). A hidden gem, very funny ensemble comedy.

On 11/03/2023 at 8:20 AM, Keye said:

Boardwalk Empire. Is that any good, does anyone know?

i really liked the first couple of seasons then in the third it went a bit shit

On 16/02/2023 at 5:16 PM, Giventofry said:

It's absolutely boring as fuck.

Have you played the game? The series is pretty much exactly the same as the game, almost scene for scene, they've just expanded on a few things. I thought the game sucked, mainly because the story is slow and depressing as fuck but the series is probably one of the best computer game to TV adaptations I've seen. 

They've put a lot of small details and Easter eggs  in to keep the gamers happy, after all, without the fandom this series would never have happened. 

I thought the prologue with John Hannah and the introduction of the second episode, with just two Indonesian characters holding the scenes together were extremely well acted, directed and edited. 

6 hours ago, Saddam said:

Have you played the game? The series is pretty much exactly the same as the game, almost scene for scene, they've just expanded on a few things. I thought the game sucked, mainly because the story is slow and depressing as fuck but the series is probably one of the best computer game to TV adaptations I've seen. 

They've put a lot of small details and Easter eggs  in to keep the gamers happy, after all, without the fandom this series would never have happened. 

I thought the prologue with John Hannah and the introduction of the second episode, with just two Indonesian characters holding the scenes together were extremely well acted, directed and edited. 

Hi @Saddam

I've not played the game, though I used to love quake and day of defeat online.

I do stand by that it's boring as fuck.

Give us a hint of the e eggs etc!!

I just watched the last one and just laughed at the hospital scenes.

Did no one realise bad shit was gonna happen at the hospital to the girl?

I saw it a mile off.

Kingdom is the go to place for zombie action, clever twisting plot and fights with bows and arrows on horseback.

And one of the most evil characters possibly ever!! ( the queen!!)

Mindhunter has been excellent too.

All the best,

Fry.

1 hour ago, Giventofry said:

Give us a hint of the e eggs etc!!

There were Naughty Dog logos,  in-game comic book references, the characters doing exactly the same things you got to do as the player such as playing football and feeding animals. Some of the game's original voice actors had parts in the series, the woman who voiced Ellie was in the finale. 

The writers stuck to the canon which I think is a good thing, if it had been all action and not a bit like the game then people would've bust a nut. 

• Like 1

Watched Altered Carbon. Thought the first season was pretty decent, but the second season was absolute shite, full of plot holes, a lot of exposition masquerading as dialogue and characters just doing stuff or just existing simply to move the (pretty uninspired) narrative forward. Once again the reviewer section of Rotten Tomatoes gets it completley wrong, giving the inferior second series a higher score than the vastly superior first one :rolleyes:

Series 2 of Shadow and Bone is out, I recall enjoying series one but I must have been drunk cos I can't actually remember anything about it :doh: so I'm gonna rewatch it before watching the second series, hope it's a better second series than Altered Carbon (can't overemphasize how disappointed I was with it).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Boojum said:

Watched Altered Carbon. Thought the first season was pretty decent, but the second season was absolute shite, full of plot holes, a lot of exposition masquerading as dialogue and characters just doing stuff or just existing simply to move the (pretty uninspired) narrative forward. Once again the reviewer section of Rotten Tomatoes gets it completley wrong, giving the inferior second series a higher score than the vastly superior first one :rolleyes:

Series 2 of Shadow and Bone is out, I recall enjoying series one but I must have been drunk cos I can't actually remember anything about it :doh: so I'm gonna rewatch it before watching the second series, hope it's a better second series than Altered Carbon (can't overemphasize how disappointed I was with it).

Have you watched altered carbon the cartoon on Netflix's that's good mate

Shadow and Bone was OK, a better second season than Altered Carbon but IMHO let down by some of the young actors, especially Jessie Mae Li, she's pretty but she's jiust not a very good actor, certainly not good enough to carry things as a main character, entirely lacking any emotional range.