Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I'm waiting for The Last of Us to finish before I start watching so I can binge-watch it lol

I wouldn't bother mate!

Possible the worst zombie thing I've ever seen.

Fry

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boojum said:

Seriously ? :unsure:

:yep: 

7 hours ago, Boojum said:

Wouldn't watch that bigoted cunt if you paid me :puke:

that's your choice mate, personally I find the series entertaining, it shows a side of Clarkson that you probably didn't think possible, he's still a twat but it's a totally different twat to the one we are used to lol

• Like 3

Fair enough man :)

Started watching Lupin on Netflix and really enjoying it so far. I like the way that they haven't just done the lazy same character but in modern times thing (Mark Gatiss/Steven Moffat and Sherlock, I'm looking at you lol ) and have instead gone with a modern day story with a central character inspired by the Lupin stories he read as a kid (and the backstory with the necklace).

• Like 1

Just finished Alias Grace on Netflix. Thought it was excellent, the lyrical script (adapted by Sarah Polley from Margaret Attwood's novel) and mesmerising central performance by Sarah Gadon really drew me in. Superb.

On 2/10/2023 at 4:24 PM, Giventofry said:

I wouldn't bother mate!

Possible the worst zombie thing I've ever seen.

Fry

Really ? I'm sure I haven't seen all zombie tv shows and films but it's a cut above most that I have seen .

Just finished watching 'Serverance'. Stumbled across it on a pirate site and when I looked the ratings was good. Season 1 worth a watch. Waiting on season 2!

4 hours ago, Degsy said:

Really ? I'm sure I haven't seen all zombie tv shows and films but it's a cut above most that I have seen .

Really really! I've been watching Sci fi and horror since "the stand" was on Bbc1.

It's absolutely boring as fuck.

The main actor was great in Narcos, and the other things hes been in.

If I wanted to watch Brokeback mountain, I'd just watch Brokeback mountain. ( in reference to the episode with the 2 blokes)

And 2 people making it thru that city, in last episode, was just silly.

Also, no one noticed little boy was bitten, during a zombie apocalypse.  

Hmmmm....

Kingdoms where its at for hardcore zombie action!! With a good plot too.

Only my opinion tho!!

Do you really like it Degsy?

Edited by Giventofry
Spelling and clarity

Currently watching season 4 of Goliath. What started out as a relatively standard drama about a lawyer (the always superb Billy Bob Thornton) morphed into something completely bonkers in season 3 and the lunacy has continued into season 4 lol J K Simmons as a big pharma executive doing a song and dance routine about Oxycodone lol

On 01/02/2023 at 0:24 PM, Boojum said:

Kingdom. How have I only just discovered this ? Feudal Korean political intrigue. And zombies. Loving it :D

E2A And the cinematography is superb, looks beautiful.

I just finished watching second series.

Wow!! 

Clever, twisting plot, great characters, stunning scenery, clothes look amazing, seriously hardcore zombies!

Absolutely brilliant!

( hang your head in shame "last of us")

Other Korean films I love are,

Sympathy for Miss Vengeance,

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance,

Oldboy 

Station Zero(??) Set on border with NK.

Thirst, vampire movie set in hospital. Made me feel quite ill. Brilliant!!!

• Like 1

On 10/02/2023 at 11:26 PM, Joolz said:

that's your choice mate, personally I find the series entertaining, it shows a side of Clarkson that you probably didn't think possible, he's still a twat but it's a totally different twat to the one we are used to lol

Used to think the same way about JC as @Boojum, but this program has probably done more to highlight the struggles running farms than the last 20 years of ‘Adams Farm’ on the BBC Countryfile program. :yep:

On 19/02/2023 at 11:33 AM, Giventofry said:

Other Korean films I love are,

Sympathy for Miss Vengeance,

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance,

Oldboy 

Station Zero(??) Set on border with NK.

Nice choices mate. South Korea know how to do original movies. Here's a few more recommendations.

I Saw the Devil (one of the most brutal movies I've ever seen)

Memories of Murder

The Wailing

Bedevilled

Parasite

Train to Busan

• Like 2

Just finished watching season 1 of Hacks on Prime Video. Not my usual thing but I enjoyed it and I thought the 1.69million episode was superb :) Jean Smart is excellent as the ageing comedy legend.

Edited by Boojum

Started season 3 of True Detective. Only a couple of episodes in but it seems much better than season 2, which I thought was utter shit (didn't even bother to finish it) and a massive disappointment after the superb first season (though perhaps I liked season 1 so much because I'm a fan of Robert W Chambers' The King In Yellow, which is referenced quite a lot and the work of Thomas Ligotti, from whom a lot of Rust's philosophical musings are 'borrowed').

I keep hearing season 2 was shit but I thought it was great...I never liked Colin Farrell or Vince Vaughan but they were excellent in this....and Kelly Reilly also shows up..:wub:...don't know if you watched this far but the scene in which the bully issue is resolved will never not be superb....

• Like 1

I just started watching a new TV show called The Sopranos

I doubt anybody will have heard of it but it's pretty good

• Like 3