Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Have you heard about the live stage plays being telecast to cinemas ? MrsJP and I are off to see Macbeth from the globe at our local movie theatre[1]. And we're also seeing the Monty Python reunion live on screen too.

Fucking brilliant idea IMHO. I love theatre, but it's fucking pricey, and for some reason a real faff (and that's before you factor in wheelchair access). Our local movie theatre is convenient, fully accessible, and has popcorn :)

[1]I for one would now be happy to say "movie theatre" instead of cinema, since that's now what it is.

Hadn't heard about that, but I agree that it's a great idea :)

Hadn't heard about that, but I agree that it's a great idea :)

here you go ...

http://onscreen.shakespearesglobe.com/

And although I know Ross Noble did a gig with simultaneous screen showings in cinemas (so it's not new) I wearily await the money men realising that they can pump even more Michael McIntyre into the world. Wait till One Directions management hear about this :( (although I can't see them learning about it from watching Shakespeare)

• Like 1

I love a bit of torture tv, me. Doesn't mean I agree with it irl though. Not everything had an agenda. It would be a bit boring if they tried to tickle a confession out of someone.

Thinking that tv is boring if torture isn't used to extract a confession isn't a particularly good way to think IMHO. If for no other reason than the fact that torture doesn't work - anyone will say anything that they think the torturer wants them to say in order to make it stop, if TV shows portray torture as a way of getting legitimate confessions (or any other kinds of information) and viewers accept that then I think the agenda that doesn't exist has done its job ;)

• Like 3

Thinking about it - if you are looking for a comedy you could do worse than try The Other Guys which is currently been shown on Sky - it's a little formulaic but I really enjoy it and Bradley Whitfield's character is a scream!

I wish when you quoted posts that have quotes in them it would show the whole post (including the original quote) :frown:

Been up all night drinking and am halfway through season 2. It's not anywhere near as good as season 1.

@@~nobody~ cos the above was in response to your post about Orange is the New Black. I take that back - again it was slow to start but I've just finished season 2 and it ended up also being excellent :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

I wish when you quoted posts that have quotes in them it would show the whole post (including the original quote) :frown:

:yes: Me too. It's one of the few things I don't like in the new software. I can kind of see why but it's annoying when that's what you want to do. I think the intention is for you to use multiquote to achieve that now, but seeing as the software update has also changed the way quoted text appears in the reply window it's really hard to reorder or edit quotes without cocking up their quote formatting now ime.

I understand why it does it, cos it used to be that people quoted posts with quotes in, then another person would quote that post, and then another person would quote that post etc and it ended up with posts with loads of nested quotes in them. I just can't get the hang of mulitquote cos I'm a bit dim :doh:

I just can't get the hang of mulitquote cos I'm a bit dim :doh:

Do you have any sort of pop-up blockers installed? The multi-quote function brings up a pop-up window at the bottom right of the screen.

Thinking that tv is boring if torture isn't used to extract a confession isn't a particularly good way to think IMHO. If for no other reason than the fact that torture doesn't work - anyone will say anything that they think the torturer wants them to say in order to make it stop, if TV shows portray torture as a way of getting legitimate confessions (or any other kinds of information) and viewers accept that then I think the agenda that doesn't exist has done its job ;)

Dude, I know that torture doesn't work and I don't accept it either but thanks for being patronising.

Im watching a new show thats started called Dominion, scifi about angels fighting humans, it has Anthony Head in and Alan Dale and after watching episode1 i thought it was pretty good and looking forward to catching E02.

oh yeah i meant to mention CrossBones with John Malkovitch is good, better than that other pirate one Black Flag or whatever it was called.

Just watched episode 1 of Penny Dreadful. Well the title was half right, it certainly was dreadful. Utter bag of shite.

Just watched episode 1 of Rectify after a recommendation in this thread (I'm sorry, I forget who, very rude of me but I'm in the middle of a drinking binge so my memory is fucked). Thought it was pretty good, so I'll keep watching it :)

Just watched episode 1 of Penny Dreadful. Well the title was half right, it certainly was dreadful. Utter bag of shite.

Really? id give it an 7-8 out of 10 with Metacritic giving it 71% Rotten tomatoes 79% IDMB 8.6.

Ive found it to be one of the better TV shows on atm, but there isnt much good on atm apart from Crossbones.

Bloody sites lagging out for me and posting thing x3.

Edited by GeneralDark