Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Britains Ancient Capital: Secrets of Orkney is on the iplayer at the mo, watched it a few years ago but then they took it off the service which was a shame as I wanted to watch it again.

Only 3 episodes but very worth a watch.

• Like 1

@BilgePumpNo, it's a 2022 series, several episodes directed by Ben Stiller & starring Adam Scott. 9 episodes in the series, has been commissioned for a 2nd.

Its a bit different, quite good fun. I enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boojum said:

Kingdom. How have I only just discovered this ? Feudal Korean political intrigue. And zombies. Loving it :D

When you’ve watched both seasons, watch Ashin of the north, it’s the prequel which explains what happens at the end of season two.

• Like 3

@BilgePumpWith you on that. I've only seen the 1st two, trying to wean myself of weekly drops & binge watch it when they're all there. Tricky though, it's a cracking watch.

I'm not familiar with the game, so the first couple of bombshells have been a total surprise. 

Don't let mycelium win, keep foraging & growing. 

• Like 1

Lockwood & Co - stylish British YA fantasy.

I wasn't expecting much of this; the premise (the world is plagued by dangerous ghosts, only teenagers with special powers can combat them) sounds silly. It's well done though. I like the vibe.

• Like 1

Was wondering whether or not to give that a look. I'm not against 'YA' TV shows per se, there are just far too fucking many of them, it's obviously something that gets views so that's what all the streaming channels are churning out, supernatural YA shows, zombies, superheroes... :yawn: cos that's what sells at the moment.

I'm waiting for The Last of Us to finish before I start watching so I can binge-watch it lol Can't be doing with being drip-fed an episode a week lol

For superb TV adaptations of videogames I highly recommend Arcane: League of Legends on Netflix for anyone that hasn't seen it. I've never played League of Legends, don't know anything about the game, the characters, the lore or whatever but I think it's one of the best sci fi TV series I've ever seen, superb characters, world building, story etc. And then there's the animation, the mix of cel-shaded CGI and traditional animation is brilliant. I urge anyone that hasn't seen it to give it a go :)

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners is great too :)

Edited by Boojum

Watched Feria: The Darkest Light. Spanish horror series about two sisters who discover their parents are part of a gnostic cult, not brilliant but IMHO considerably better than all the American 'YA horror' that's being churned out.

And continuing with the European horror on Netflix started watching Marianne, French horror series about a writer being terrorised by one of her characters. Couple of episodes in and really enjoying it, there's some genuinely scary bits :) the old woman is proper creepy, that smile and those eyes :fear:

Edited by Boojum

Your Honor on amazon staring Bryan Cranston
series 2 is on now but behind a paramount paywall with a 7 day free trial , wait for all episodes to drop and then binge watch and cancel :yep:

On 04/02/2023 at 6:30 PM, Boojum said:

I'm waiting for The Last of Us to finish before I start watching so I can binge-watch it lol Can't be doing with being drip-fed an episode a week lol

For superb TV adaptations of videogames I highly recommend Arcane: League of Legends on Netflix for anyone that hasn't seen it. I've never played League of Legends, don't know anything about the game, the characters, the lore or whatever but I think it's one of the best sci fi TV series I've ever seen, superb characters, world building, story etc. And then there's the animation, the mix of cel-shaded CGI and traditional animation is brilliant. I urge anyone that hasn't seen it to give it a go :)

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners is great too :)

Ok mate I have watched both of them you seen levitus I think that's what it's called it's boxing with steam powered arms also Baki haman  super crooks that another one all on Netflix's I also been watching batman justice leagues on cinema hd 

Fawlty Towers: John Cleese to revive series with daughter

Comedy series Fawlty Towers is set to be revived after more than 40 years.

John Cleese, who played Basil Fawlty, will be returning to write and star alongside his daughter Camilla Cleese.

The two-series show, which featured on BBC2 in 1975 and 1979, followed the lives of Torquay hotelier Basil and his wife Sybil as they tried to keep their business and marriage afloat.

The new series will explore how the dramatic and cynical Basil navigates the modern world.

Castle Rock Entertainment announced on Tuesday it had closed a deal with Cleese to bring back the television series.

The revival will also see Basil and a daughter he has just discovered is his, team up to run a boutique hotel.

Cleese is also well known as one of the original members of the Monty Python comedy group.

Probably be terrible but can only hope it will be good.

Edited by bushdoc
  • Like 1