Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Nah man, it really wasn't :nea:

It was a generic 'young adult' story with marketing-friendly Harry Potter trappings that had the Charles Addams characters shoehorned into it.

Absolute garbage.

Currently watching A Spy Among Friends on the ITV streaming thingy. Drama based on the Cambridge spy ring. It's not brilliant, but it's not bad and has a superb cast. Not must-see telly but a decent enough way to while away a cold Sunday evening :)

• 3 weeks later...

Started watching Parks and Recreation, which had kinda passed me by. Really enjoying it, it's unashamedly daft but the apparently upbeat tone allows for nicely barbed wit and Nick Offerman is just a joy as Ron Swanson :D

• Like 4

Slow Horses , think it was you who mentioned it in another thread @Boojum

I think it's on apple tv if you really want to pay for it , or you could just :pirate:

• Like 1

'Our Flag Means Death'...I think it's the second series but I've only just discovered it last night...

Half and hour of bonkers pirate nonsense which made me laugh... BBC 2 or on catch up tv...

• Like 2

You beat me to post this stu914. It wasn't bad at all.

I didn't know there was a previous series, I'll have to have a search now. 

• Like 1

Just now, mrrichiet said:

It wasn't bad at all.

The pirate sewing circle did it for me...'pass me the black thread please'...:rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Binge-watched The Last Kingdom and then Vikings. I thought Vikings was OK for the first couple of seasons and had much more money spent on it so it looked nice, but it went to shit (and then to absolute fucking arse gravy after Ragnar died). I thought The Last Kingdom was much, much better (even though I think the bloke playing Uhtred was badly miscast). I think I should have watched them the other way round, with the better (albeit cheaper looking) one last.

E2A Drunk Boojum fact - the bloke who played King Ecbert in Vikings is the son of the bloke who played Ken Barlow in Coronation Street.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Currently watching Bosch: Legacy after finishing the original Bosch. It's on Amazon Prime Freevee, free with adverts, no Amazon subscription necessary :) (as is Parks and Recreation :) )

What's everyone else's take on the Lord of the Rings TV series ? I know I'm a little late to it, I know it's not from Tolkiens pen, I know the purists probably hate it but as a lover of all things Middle Earth ( and with a partner who can't bear to watch 'real world' violence or drama ) , we are both thoroughly enjoying it so far 3 episodes in.

• Like 1

I gave up after the first episode (not sure I even watched it to the end). I'm not arsed about some of the nonsense that people have been complainaing about, I don't give a toss what colour skin anyone has or silly shit like that, I just gave up cos I thought the writing was terrible (though I thought Wheel of Time was even worse).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

years ago i had the first season of stella street on vhs. but recently i got it again on dvd on the bay, and discovered they had done 3 more seasons and a movie, it's fucking hilarious, sweet, bizarre and a little foul-mouthed, cheers me right up

• Like 2

Kaleidescope - Netflix. It's a series about a heist. It has an interesting concept in that every Netflix profile starts the series on a different episode and they're not numbered it's a bit like solving a puzzle I did the whole thing in 2 sittings a friend I recommended it to did it in one.

Very very good