Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I've watched the first episode of The English and enjoyed it, will definitely watch the rest. Thought Homeland was shite, though, I've got bipolar disorder and thought the portrayal of it was sometimes sensationalist nonsense and occasionally downright offensive.

• Like 1

Gave the first couple of episodes of Wednesday on Netflix a go. Looks nice (as you'd expect since it's directed by Tim Burton) and the lass in the title role is very good, but the writing/plot is pretty average, it's like they took some generic Harry Potteresque/'Young Adult' story and shoehorned Charles Addam's characters into it. Disappointing.

Started watching Unforgotten on the ITV streaming thingy, watched all of season 1. It's hardly cheerful TV, but it's pretty good (they've changed the ITV streaming thingy and it's got much more on it than it used to, whole series of stuff they used to just have the most recent season of and a lot more movies).

Season 2 of Unforgotten went to utter shit in the final episode. Strangers on a Train, criss cross :rolleyes:Just fucking daft.

Decided to re-watch Fleabag. Cos it's just absolutely fucking superb, one of the best things I've watched for pretty much as long as I can remember. Seriously, if you've not watched it cos you don't think it's your kinda thing give it a look anyway, cos it's not what you may think it is and it's brilliantly written and acted :)

I'm watching another one that I missed, Veep. Kinda skipped past it cos I saw Julia Louis-Dreyfus and couldn't get past the fact that she was on Seinfeld (which I absolutely loathed), didn't realise it was Armando Ianucci (who I really like). Kinda a less full-on, more USA network-friendly political pisstake than The Thick of It was (with no gloriously foul-mouthed Malcolm Tucker) but still razor sharp and very funny :)

• Like 1

Adrian Dunbar - My Ireland - Ch 5

Beautifully gentle trip around Ireland with the star from Line of Duty...

Comes across as a really nice guy meeting interesting people with some breathtaking scenery...we're totally hooked...default_thumbsup.gif

9 hours ago, Degsy said:

Andor , have the finally made a half-decent Star Wars thing ? 

I think they have finally made a star wars thing that is half-decent sci-fi!

• Like 1

Been watching Lost in Space. Pretty decent reboot (far better than the bizarrely overrated Battlestar Galactica, which started off OK I guess but degenerated into fucking nonsensical Mormon claptrap :soap: ). My main gripe is if you've got a person in a suit playing the robot then for the love of God employ someone who can stand properly still in scenes when the robot is still, or use an empty suit or something, cos seeing the arms move even slightly breaks the immersion, a robot not moving doesn't fucking move. At all. :headpain:

• Like 1

On 01/12/2022 at 8:39 PM, Simple Jack said:

I think they have finally made a star wars thing that is half-decent sci-fi!

i'm getting sucked right in atm, it's a good effort so far

• Like 1