Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

2 hours ago, Boojum said:

Has anyone watched Ozark ?

Watched the first episode cos overall the series has had decent reviews, but the 2 main characters come across as so unpleasant that I just don't care what happens to them. Is it worth sticking with despite that ? (I kept watching Breaking Bad even though Walter was a cunt).

Started watching it and gave up after 3 or 4 episodes , it wasn't bad , just didn't really grab me at the time

Anybody watched Yellowstone with Kevin Costner ? Never heard of it until recently and it started in 2018

but very highly rated on IMDB

Edited by Degsy

New series of .... Oak Island, Gold Rush, Good Rush WhiteWhite Water, and Avenue 5 

And added

The Peripheral - the girl from kick ass gets a special VR headset from the future 

Pirate Gold of Adak Island - metal detecting around an island in the Bering Sea with an old military base and unexploded bombs everywhere, looking for a pirate seal hunter's gold stash 

4 hours ago, Boojum said:

Walter was a cunt

But was her, really?  Once again I'll say, Walter was only filling a niche left by prohibition. I know he did a few questionable things (poisoning the lad , and to a degree letting Jesses' girl choke on her vomit- but she had turned on Walter so, all's fair in the game IMO)

15 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

But was her, really?  Once again I'll say, Walter was only filling a niche left by prohibition. I know he did a few questionable things (poisoning the lad , and to a degree letting Jesses' girl choke on her vomit- but she had turned on Walter so, all's fair in the game IMO)

Nah, he had a monstrous ego that pretended (even to himself) that he was doing it all for his family while in the end he was just doing it cos he got off on the buzz and the power and shit, that makes him a cunt in my book.

• Like 1

@Boojum  But unfortunately in the drug business, at that level it's be ruthless or be taken down. Yes he had an ego (don't we all!) but he knew he had to be ruthless or others would have fucked him over. Yes, he did a couple of civilians over, but the biggest cunt was Skylar IMO. She was happy to take the money now wasn't she.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boojum said:

Nah, he had a monstrous ego that pretended (even to himself) that he was doing it all for his family while in the end he was just doing it cos he got off on the buzz and the power and shit, that makes him a cunt in my book.

Yeah but was he already a cunt or did he become one during his journey ?

Would the same thing have happened to anybody else in those circumstances ?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Degsy said:

Watching Yellowstone and I have to say it's not bad at all , very brutal though , wasn't really expecting that

Bit right-wing for my taste.

On 11/21/2022 at 11:54 AM, Boojum said:

Bit right-wing for my taste.

How much did you watch ? I'm not really sure where the narrative is going , are the native Americans the villains ?

14 minutes ago, Degsy said:

How much did you watch ? I'm not really sure where the narrative is going , are the native Americans the villains ?

Not much to be fair. Just not really into the whole "What's mine is mine and I'll kill anyone who tries to take it." (even though my ancestors stole it in the first place) kinda shit.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 3:53 PM, Boojum said:

Not much to be fair. Just not really into the whole "What's mine is mine and I'll kill anyone who tries to take it." (even though my ancestors stole it in the first place) kinda shit.

It's getting a bit weird now and there are no likeable characters but I still want to watch :wacko:

Been watching One of Us is Lying. It looks like one of those American 'teen dramas' set in that strange American TV land where everyone is impossibly good looking and things like obesity and acne don't exist but it's actually a lot better than that.

Edited by Boojum