Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Binge watched the first four episodes of 'The Suspect' yesterday, brilliantly written and performed, can't wait for the next episode on Monday.

Blast from the past I never expected to see the light of day again, 'Til Death Us Do Part' with all the 'naughty' and 'inappropriate' words bleeped out.

Alf Garnet at his very best, spitting vitriole in all directions...if you're only a young'un and never heard of him have a watch, well worth it...:rofl:

It's on the 'That's TV' channnel...:yep:

• Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 2:22 PM, stu914 said:

Blast from the past I never expected to see the light of day again, 'Til Death Us Do Part' with all the 'naughty' and 'inappropriate' words bleeped out.

Alf Garnet at his very best, spitting vitriole in all directions...if you're only a young'un and never heard of him have a watch, well worth it...:rofl:

It's on the 'That's TV' channnel...:yep:

They've actually censored it then ? 

• Like 1

On 24/09/2022 at 5:22 PM, Degsy said:

Somebody suggested Brassic (on here maybe) and I've actually quite enjoyed what I've seen so far

I never even knew it existed as i don't watch Sky

I watched the first episode ages ago and couldn't get into it, thought it was a ripoff of Shameless. Might give it another chance cos I like Joseph Gilgun

On 25/09/2022 at 2:22 PM, stu914 said:

Binge watched the first four episodes of 'The Suspect' yesterday, brilliantly written and performed, can't wait for the next episode on Monday.

I gave up on that after the second episode. It suffers from one of the things that ruins a lot of TV thrillers for me - the plot being driven along by the main character doing inexplicably stupid things, I just think that's lazy writing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Degsy said:

They've actually censored it then ? 

They have but not enough that you can't work out the racist and misogynistic language.

As Alf comes off worse in every argument I've always believed the show's a good advert against such attitudes...

...shame the censors don't see it that way.  All we need now is 'Love Thy Neighbour' to make a reappearance...:wassnnme:default_rofl.gif

• Like 2

Just now, stu914 said:

They have but not enough that you can't work out the racist and misogynistic language.

As Alf comes off worse in every argument I've always believed the show's a good advert against such attitudes...

...shame the censors don't see it that way.  All we need now is 'Love Thy Neighbour' to make a reappearance...:wassnnme:default_rofl.gif

They clearly didn't get it if they've censored it, the whole point of it was to take the piss out of Alf's moronic bigotry (unfortunately a lot of the viewers didn't get it either and thought he was the 'hero' of the show :doh::sadwalk: ).

• Like 4

@Boojum

Exactly right booj mate, I seem to remember Warren Mitchell being interviewed.

He said idiots used to come up to him in the street and say things like'go on Alf stick it to the coons'...

...to which he replied (not verbatim) something like 'fuck off you ignorant prick' as they missed the point entirely.

Edited by stu914
  • Like 2

I think he said 'we're actually laughing at you'. lol 

Edited to add -  At a Spurs game 'Oi Warren I love it when Alf takes the piss out of the ****' and he replied 'Actually, we're taking the piss out of you'. 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 3

Quantum Leap (2022) :soap:    If AIDS was pretentious it would be called Quantum Leap 2022. 

Just another soon-to-be-cancelled reboot of something that was once special. 

Dunno man, I don't think the original was anything special, it was just a rehash of the same old Irwin Allen formula of Lost in Space, The Time Tunnel etc that American TV has been reusing for decades (with some nauseating Christian bullshit thrown in). It was basically Highway to Heaven with time travel instead of angels.

hard watch but "help" is great TV film.

Jodie Cromer an Stephen Graham smash it. both the best in the game if you ask me. phwaarr n Jodie is just so so beautiful. like top class beautiful her knack to master any accent is outstanding. 

• Like 2

I've been watching Community on Netflix (I'd never heard of it). Sitcom made between 2009 and 2014 created by Dan Harmon, co-creator of Rick and Morty. It can be a bit hit and miss, sometimes the quirkiness can be a bit wearing but when it hits I think it's very funny and clever :)

• Like 1

I think House of the Dragon is kinda growing into something that could be good. Thought the first few episodes were shite, but I've persevered with it. I think the forwarding in time anc change of actors last episode was pretty clumsy. But I've got to admit I thought the latest episode was actually pretty good :)