Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I might be in a small minority here but I'm actually quite enjoying The Rings of Powers so far

maybe it's because my expectations were so low 

Was the season 2 finale of Primal written by Rian Johnson?  :wallbash:   It subverted my expectations to the point where I wanted to kick in my TV. :taz: 

No spoilers but Fuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk mmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Watched/watching Cyberpunk Edgerunners and Arcane League of Legends on Netflix. Note to the people responsible for the fucking awful Halo streaming spinoff, THIS is how you do videogame spinoffs :)

Edited by Boojum

finished sandman last night, well, got halfway through the last episode and switched it off, a very hit-and-miss program imo, mostly miss with loads of padding, i'm quite disappointed as i was expecting more.

• Like 1

I thought it was pretty faithful to the comics, with some minor changes (I'm not arsed about this or that character being a different ethnicity or gender, the only thing about that which really matters is Desire being androgynous, which they are). I wasn't blown away by it like I was the comics but I wasn't really expecting to be. But I didn't absolutely fucking hate it, which I kinda do with most TV versions of books/comics that I love. Anyway, up to this stage is really just setting the scene. The early stuff is the weakest, Gaiman kinda finds his voice as the serries goes on. The best is yet to come (building up to The Kindly Ones, which is just a fucking masterpiece :notworthy: ). I hope it doesn't get cancelled, I'm interested to see how they do all of it :)

• Like 2

Just finished the first series of Lucifer and to be fair I enjoyed it alot more than I thought I would. 

Mostly for the comedy value tbh but the plot lines so far have been sufficient to maintain interest and I quite like the way they've portrayed Lucifer even if the actor cast is some fuckwit whose name I can't even remember.  He plays the part well enough. 

I just hope it doesn't nose dive off a cliff for the next series as be nice to have a few nights worth of tv bingeing in reserve.  I could have probably worked through another series tomorrow if the bastards hadn't given the bloody kids a day off as well lol

I really couldn't get into Lucifer. The bloke playing Lucifer is just too fucking smarmy.

E2A Wasn't particularly keen on the comics that it was adapted from, a spinoff from Sandman. I think Gaiman's Lucifer in Sandman, the fallen angel, first of the angels until he rebelled for the sin of pride, better to be a ruler in hell and all that, that's an interesting Lucifer. But the post-Sandman Lucifer, the earthly Lucifer, not nearly as intersting :yawn:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

On 18/07/2022 at 9:19 PM, stummer said:

It seems it became political though. Suppose the same happened with Kyle rittenhouse.

Ffs stum don't set me off again lol

Kyle Rittenhouse house DID shoot several people with an assault rifle I'm front of witnesses and on camera and admitted that he did. .

There's zero comparison in anyway whatsoever with what happened to those poor lads.  

No need to reply bro, I will agree to disagree in advance, everyone is entitled to an opinion :yep:

Even if it's is completely wrong like lollol

(Applies to both of us that last bit ok so don't get your silk boxers in a twist over it :wink_kiss:)

Bad Sisters - Irish set blackly comic thriller about a clan of sisters planning to bump off their brother in law ( a masterclass in sheer odiousness from Claes Bang).

Somebody suggested Brassic (on here maybe) and I've actually quite enjoyed what I've seen so far

I never even knew it existed as i don't watch Sky

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Degsy said:

Somebody suggested Brassic (on here maybe) and I've actually quite enjoyed what I've seen so far

I never even knew it existed as i don't watch Sky

Someone suggested this to me, might have to give it a watch

• Like 1