Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

52 minutes ago, kal17117 said:

She Hulk.

I don't know why but I kinda like it.

give it it's full tittle mate, she hulk: attorney at law, sounds cheesey as fuck, and it looks like it's a shrek reboot lol

i guess you must like strong women? :bag:

• Like 3

Some blasts from my past - what I thought were great at the time 

Spaced - si peg, nick frost and Jess hynes before they all became famous 

Comic strip presents - a little hit and miss but the hits are fooking great - fistful  of travellers cheques, bad news, bullshitters 

made in Britain - want to find out how bad the 80's were

Brass eye - crazy fake news tricking celebs into backing mad campaigns - pedogedan and cake are class

Friday night dinner - piss myself at every episode

Also a footie hooligan one called the Firm - gary oldman  amongst others - scary maniacs

The wire, Chernobyl, narcos 

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3

Sprung - A long term convict is released early due to Covid. It's mainstream so pulls it's punches, but the absurdities of America do a lot of heavy lifting all by themselves.

On 8/25/2022 at 0:45 PM, Boojum said:

the most bland Dr Who ever

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that 

Not seen House of the Dragon yet but him been in it didn't exactly make me want to watch it

Isn't Paddy Considine in it as well though ?

Edited by Degsy
  • Like 3

Yep, Paddy looks fucking bored too. lol  it's pretty shit so far, a bit like the Star Wars prequels in the way it delivers awful exposition. What makes me laugh is this is set 1,000 years? before GoT yet we see no technological advancements whatsoever in GoT. 

If pig shit napalm is your only civilization 's development in 1,000 years then you're fucked. lol   

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 2

Ok, 170 years, so they've had the technology to forge steel for nearly 200 years and nobody ever made a bearing? lol  Or castings for machine parts for anything other than crossbows. 

Chinese had cannon while we were using swords, so what gives? Are these people in the HBO universe just stupid?

This show needs Bruce Campbell to turn up in that car somehow. lol 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 2

lol I thought the ‘competition area’ (no spoilers) in the first episode of House of the Dragon seemed a tad over the top. Fast forward to GoT, it was just a tent with some ropes in a field somewhere.

Have to agree with the casting choice, Paddy is probably the least convincing blonde guy ever.

The two most natural characters seem to be Rhys Ifans and the girl who plays his daughter. The rest of them all look a bit like actors who have turned up to set in fancy dress. 

Edited by Smokey McBongface
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Smokey McBongface said:

lol I thought the ‘competition area’ (no spoilers) in the first episode of House of the Dragon seemed a tad over the top. Fast forward to GoT, it was just a tent with some ropes in a field somewhere.

Have to agree with the casting choice, Paddy is probably the least convincing blonde guy ever.

The two most natural characters seem to be Rhys Ifans and the girl who plays his daughter. The rest of them all look a bit like actors who have turned up to set in fancy dress. 

Rhys Ifans is in it as well ? I haven't seen him in anything for ages

I'm betting it isn't as bad a the soon to arrive new Lord of the Rings but not really Lord of the Rings effort though

• Like 3

Whoever cast Viserys in game of thrones got it right. The horrible brother of Dany - the one with the golden crown.

Have a listen to the first part of this - the guy is a natural born storyteller, can really hear the contempt in his voice.

I did a quick search and found out he’s the great-great-grandson of Charles Dickens lol maybe has something to do with it!

Edited by Smokey McBongface

22 hours ago, Saddam said:

Yep, Paddy looks fucking bored too. lol  it's pretty shit so far, a bit like the Star Wars prequels in the way it delivers awful exposition. What makes me laugh is this is set 1,000 years? before GoT yet we see no technological advancements whatsoever in GoT. 

If pig shit napalm is your only civilization 's development in 1,000 years then you're fucked. lol   

21 hours ago, bill cooper said:

It's only 170 years before GOT.

172 years actually :P

I've been enjoying the pace so far, it's been very different from the family theme in GoT with the Starks - not caught up with the second episode yet but the first episode was very raw with the theme on how women are "used".

Not a fan of Paddy as a targaryen he just looks like Geralt from the Witcher but way too long in the tooth lol

Oh and the ex-doctor what an ugly cunt, me and the missus pissed ourselves laughing at his fuck face, I just can't take him serious.

For how nasty the targeryen are I really don't think they've cast hard enough.

They really need a Charles Dance, I'm surprised they didn't bring someone like Tom Hardy in on this he can play a cunt!

• Like 2

On 29/08/2022 at 1:51 PM, Degsy said:

I'm betting it isn't as bad a the soon to arrive new Lord of the Rings but not really Lord of the Rings effort though

It's so bad that I can't be fucked to watch episode 2. lol 

• Like 1